Markham Remington Centre | ?m | 33s | Remington Group | Kohn

There are simply too many of them for the market to support - if store duplication is already a problem at Pacific Mall and First Markham Place (think of the umpteen stores selling traditional Chinese medicine, cellphones/accessories and whatnot) - why do they think there is market for even more of it? Something like Fairview Mall (an Asian tinted mainstream mall) would work, but CF Markview is just down the street and it already straddled that hybrid market.

AoD
I do wonder what the impact something like Fairview's recent shift will have on / for this demographic.

Not sure if this counts as an actual update, but some rumours floating around?

I don't doubt that given shifting market demands and the changing context (decline of Pacific Mall, new GO Station), that the retail component would be decreased and replaced with condos if this project is still able to get off the ground. Overall, I think it's safe to say that this proposal is stale, if not dead.

View attachment 485727
Link
View attachment 485728

Perhaps the idea for Remington Centre came just too late? Interestingly enough, I think that the future remains in strip malls (plenty of new ones being built), and upscale 'ethnic' sections in major malls (like at Fairview Mall's new T&T wing).
Heyoo, that Google review is me, I got that info from a bunch of local online Chinese news anchors, and the news all originated from locals and people who bought the condos earlier but got refunded without interest. Pacific mall also earlier released a document about how the project was delayed continuously. Pmall also sent out letters to store owners about how the developers abandoned the plan to construct the mall and applied for changing the land use, adding both Pmall and the other building next door to residential zoning, that they planned to construct high rise bulidings.
4ffce04d92a4d6cb21c1494cdfcd6dc1-37275.png
4ffce04d92a4d6cb21c1494cdfcd6dc1-37275.png
4ffce04d92a4d6cb21c1494cdfcd6dc1-37273.png

Heyoo, that Google review is me, I got that info from a bunch of local online Chinese news anchors, and the news all originated from locals and people who bought the condos earlier but got refunded without interest. Pacific mall also earlier released a document about how the project was delayed continuously. Pmall also sent out letters to store owners about how the developers abandoned the plan to construct the mall and applied for changing the land use, adding both Pmall and the other building next door to residential zoning, that they planned to construct high rise bulidings.
View attachment 492379View attachment 492378View attachment 492377

Looks like a big disaster, who knows how long it'll take to unravel all the issues and go through the inevitable lawsuits (possibly already underway!).

I wonder if the site will be sold off in the end...

Back