IMG_20140401_154157.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20140401_153823.jpg
    IMG_20140401_153823.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 1,907
  • IMG_20140401_154157.jpg
    IMG_20140401_154157.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 1,935
The 4 storey podium is just terrible and monolithic. Just one big chunk of glass with zero style. This would be well suited for Markham.

This tower looks like what you'd find in some suburban city centre circa 1985.

YES!!! There is literally no real architectural merit to this buildings on aesthetic besides from its functional and stands tall. I praise the merits of its sustainable design and all of its uses as an employment centres and such. I like the function but man I hate the design. The small glass panes on the tower portion date the tower incredibly before its even completed. I really hope the street level animation redeems this somewhat or else it will be a massive failure and burden on revitalizing the street life of QQw.

With the park opening up next door in a little while, inclusion of a restaurant/cafe patio feature on the west side would have helped massively. Hopefully im incorrect and there is provision for this.

^^ I totally agree with all of the last three comments. This building totally underwhelms. Not sure which DRP opined on this one, but whoever it was they dropped the ball. Same can be said of One York Street in my opinion. Very disappointing...

^^ I totally agree with all of the last three comments. This building totally underwhelms. Not sure which DRP opined on this one, but whoever it was they dropped the ball. Same can be said of One York Street in my opinion. Very disappointing...

I've been saying this in my head for ages, but didn't want to voice it. I have a small hope that it will be redeemed once the york overpass is torn down - but in general its pretty brutal. Even compared to BA West , which is basically a glass box, WPIII is a total clunker. It also clashes horribly with WP I+II, which I've grown to appreciate for their POMO sensibilities. They also meet the street fairly well and have a lovely public space in terms of its atrium. The juxtaposition of WPIII with its earlier incarnation makes things all the more brutal (also - I believe there are drawings for an original WPIII that would have matched the earlier incarnations?)

Back