Toronto RBC WaterPark Place III | 140.2m | 30s | Oxford Properties | WZMH

Sadly I don't think the new location is particularly great in terms of accessibility and dining choices either.

AoD
You've obviously never been to the 3xx complex. ;)

RBC Waterpark Place III (may as well start calling it that) will have elevated walkways linking it to the ACC and Union, so it will allow indoor access. That's a big +1 for winter.

Wait, so they're leaving their current headquarters for THAT??

Wow, I don't know who's in charge at RBC, but they need their head checked. Royal Plaza is a fantastic building and headquarters, this is blah.

Well, i guess if you also had the opportunity to move from a 30-35 year-old out-dated home to a brand spanking new high-tech one...you would too.
I can see Oxford in the future up-grading that Royal Bank Plaza once part vacant...maybe even a re-clad (lol:D) or adding extra floors to both towers

Last edited:
Well, i guess if you also had the opportunity to move from a 30-35 year-old out-dated home to a brand spanking new high-tech one...you would too.
I can see Oxford in the future up-grading that Royal Bank Plaza once part vacant...maybe even a re-clad or adding extra floors to both towers

I would never in a million years move from Royal Plaza to that.

Royal Plaza.. now THAT looks like the headquarters of Canada's largest bank!

This article has it half right - the HQ for Canadian Banking is moving, which isn't at Royal Bank Plaza to begin with. Canadian Banking is only one division of the organization which is now mostly based at 310/320/330 Front St W.

RBC only occupies a handful of floors in RB Plaza right now - main branch, executive offices, capital markets, international banking are still there. Everyone else has slowly moved out over the years to other downtown properties.

Yea I think the poster above is correct.

Actually RBC doesn't even have that many people in RBC plaza anymore !

They're completely out of the north tower from what I recall - and are only partly in the south one.

I have been inside RBC Plaza and it is definitely showing its age. Looking nice architecturally form the outside is not the same as keeping employees happy on the inside.

If this tower has vertical silver "fins" (or notches, rather, like the TD Centre), it could look really sharp.

If it's just clad in smooth glass I will cry.

What does it look like now? I can't picture it. I'm assuming the light sculpture is gone.
In the mid 90s the bank decided to fill in the "hole" to create a new trading floor. The piece is still there, but it's hidding above the ceiling in the main branch. It's visible from the street, though obviously with less impact.

They also really messed up the main branch with a horrible pomo decor that really showed its age very quickly.

Back