Toronto Rêve | ?m | 14s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

This was Dave Toors property. GE Capital pulled financing midway through. Dave got into some trouble with his Hilton Garden Inn Airport taht he was building as the economy went sour, and had to sell it to Steve Gupta.

This was Dave Toors property. GE Capital pulled financing midway through. Dave got into some trouble with his Hilton Garden Inn Airport taht he was building as the economy went sour, and had to sell it to Steve Gupta.

Interesting, I heard Steve is in trouble himself, but the HGI Airport was purchased a different hotelier.

Last edited:
Tridel has acquired this development

Trdel purchased and closed on 558-560 Front Street on August 21, 2009. They paid $9.5 million, all cash. I'm not sure of their intentions.

They removed the other crane a few months ago and it was saying I am dead.

How many projects are we going to see where work has started, then walk away leaving a empty space of many forms???

Well they tear out what is built to start something new or continue to build on what there for another use??

Since the underground parking is completed and construction has reached ground ... My guess is Tridel may do a little redesigning within the the existing building footprint ... no point wasting perfectly good underground construction costs if they can re-use it ~

I can't imagine Tridel building anything that would suit the neighbourhood. I hope I'm wrong.

what kind of a 'general' negative statement is that?

you can basically say that about any major GTA developer ~

Trdel purchased and closed on 558-560 Front Street on August 21, 2009. They paid $9.5 million, all cash. I'm not sure of their intentions.

Came across this on the internet, seems like tridel does have some plans for the site, they registered the domain name already. www.560frontstreetwest.com

http://whois.domaintools.com/560frontstreetwest.com

Based on the foregoing ... is there any insights that you could share with us on this project TWM? Any estimated project timing??

560 Front Street West Status

Land purchase was finalized August 21. Everything is now in planning, legal, financing, consultants etc. which I don't have any involvement with. I can't really comment further until all the perfunctory steps are done as it determines when we can actually go to market and establish a timeline.

Right now my focus is on the Avonshire Townhomes, Metrogate Townhomes, Ventus, inventory and occupancies at Accolade, Ultra Ovation and Grand Triomphe. When I get information I'll post it here. This will start with online registration.

I have already been receiving emails from prospective purchasers with regards to getting in on the preview. Since no sales staff have been assigned yet, any interest from qualified purchasers (i.e. mortgage pre-approval, deposit, cash) can be directed to webmaster@tridel.com. Please include contact, qualifying information, budget and size requirements. I'll forward these to the designated sales manager when one is assigned.

Back