Toronto Rêve | ?m | 14s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

Tridel, any inside knowledge as to what the red cladding might be? At points, especially near the top, it seems to be perforated while in others it's solid.

I have a feeling it is going to be precast slightly darker than what we are seeing at CityPlace Parade right now.

I don't think the 'red cladding' on Rêve will be precast ... I would guess that could be either red spandrel glass or painted aluminum panels

the foundation has been poured, set and almost at ground level, so this project is ready to go !!!
heck, it could even be completed by end of 2010/early 2011.

My guess is summer 2011 at the earliest. They have to sell hundreds of units, finalize permit drawings and get those approvals again from the city, tender out to trades with actual working drawings and then build it. 18 months minimum for that action.

S'Bus

October 11 picture

Pretty much the same as the google street view posted earlier.
4001747356_c43f38b07c_b.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41002894@N07/4001747356/

Tridel Reve Scale Model Photos

Some photos of the Reve scale model:

reve-scale-model01.jpg

reve-scale-model02.jpg

reve-scale-model03.jpg

reve-scale-model04.jpg

reve-scale-model05.jpg

reve-scale-model06.jpg

reve-scale-model07.jpg

reve-scale-model08.jpg

reve-scale-model09.jpg

Toronto Neighbourhood model

reve-toronto-model02.jpg

reve-toronto-model04.jpg

reve-toronto-model03.jpg

reve-toronto-model05.jpg

reve-toronto-model01.jpg

I'll check with Rudy when he gets in what the the red cladding will be.

Red Cladding

The red you see wrapped around on the south and north end of the building is a metal cladding.

The wider neighbourhood model is interesting. In many ways, it's really up to date (Parade at Cityplace, LTD and developments at Bathurst/Lakeshore that aren't even complete yet), but in others it's completely not. For example, none of the recent developments on Portland/Stewart/Wellington/Niagara are represented on here.

is it me or does anyone else find the 'red' looks more pink in the model ?!?

it'd be nice if it was corten steel ! :D

The wider neighbourhood model is interesting. In many ways, it's really up to date (Parade at Cityplace, LTD and developments at Bathurst/Lakeshore that aren't even complete yet), but in others it's completely not. For example, none of the recent developments on Portland/Stewart/Wellington/Niagara are represented on here.

Yeah, they've been selective about which condos to show on the map to make Rêve appear to be a lone condo in an otherwise under-developed King West streetscape, circa 1991.

My impression of this map, if I didn't know any better, would be that the neighbourhood to the south at Lakeshore is a way more happening place.

It will be interesting to see if this sort-of-funky design survives the marketing effort directed (from a distance) towards people who are averse to urban density. Hope it doesn't turn into another Westside Lofts.

Last edited:
I love this design and the touch of colour is quite effective, and will be all the more so when post-October greyness sets into Toronto for six months.

It begins!

Advertisement in today's globe...
The theme of hot canadian girls in winter wear is sort of like a Canadian "dream".
revew.jpg

Back