Toronto Queens Quay & Water's Edge Revitalization | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

I don't think it even needs to be that complicated. Just put some left arrows down for cars to follow. I mean, if we really want to get fancy, we can put down some bollards that go down only for the TTC vehicles.

I don't think it even needs to be that complicated. Just put some left arrows down for cars to follow. I mean, if we really want to get fancy, we can put down some bollards that go down only for the TTC vehicles.

Agreed! Yellow looks a bit too much; red part seems necessary though

I would go that way for the simple reason that some drivers are too dumb to hold a license in the first place to drive as well being clear to everyone where streetcars are to go, not the cars.

Accidentally came across this intersection in Southport, Australia on Google Street View. Colorcoding the road surface is probably the best the city can do without dramatic investment:

View attachment 72517 View attachment 72518 View attachment 72519

Guess what happened today because the city still hasn't learned or listened? See link.

510 Spadina turning back N/B at Queens Quay and Spadina due to an auto blocking streetcar tracks at Union Station. Shuttle buses operating.​

... since 5:30am too. It must of got really deep in the tunnel.

Screen shot 2016-04-24 at 5.36.08 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-04-24 at 5.36.08 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-04-24 at 5.36.08 PM.png
    280.5 KB · Views: 702
The TTC should create a couple dedicated plaques at Union, Queens Quay, and Spadina to all the very smart drivers who took a ride into the streetcar portals. The plaques should include the driver's full name, photo, and the timing of the event.

You could install 10,000 signs and it still would not be enough to deter people like this :rolleyes:

You could install a "catch" at the entrance though. A 12 inch fall onto loose gravel (like queensway) with the rails raised ought to do it. Some might get caught but a normal tow-truck can easily remove the vehicle at that location.

Back