Toronto Queens Quay & Water's Edge Revitalization | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

You could install a "catch" at the entrance though. A 12 inch fall onto loose gravel (like queensway) with the rails raised ought to do it. Some might get caught but a normal tow-truck can easily remove the vehicle at that location.

how about severe tire damage spikes at very point where it comes out of a right of way.

But would they use them here? Nope. Probably they'll find some legal jargon not to use them.
I hear people talk like this a lot - I'm no expert, but is there something fundamentally different about the British legal system compared to ours that makes them less likely to get sued?

Actually according to a Harvard study the Brits are a lot closer to the Americans in how much they sue than we are.
https://www.reddit.com/r/explainlik...li5why_do_americans_seem_to_sue_so_much_more/
I think this idea that we're a lawsuit happy culture is more popular misconception than anything. We just consume too much American media and start to assume that what happens in the US happens here too.

Wow thanks for that Youtube video W. K. Lis! I'd like to know how the drivers/passengers fared after those collisions.

But I do think they would be a really good solution for our left-turn onto the tracks problem - cars normally would not be traveling that fast (and hopefully they stop before hitting the bollards!). I'd like to think that some paint would be sufficient and a much much cheaper solution, but you can never underestimate stupid, or tiredness, etc.

I get the arguments for keeping the tracks usable by EMS along the bulk of the surface route. I'm not entirely sure I accept the arguments, but I get them.

What I don't get, is no one wants an ambulance trying to drive in the tunnel.

So.......why not just remove all pavement between the tracks and just use ballast, from York Street to the tunnel entrance?

That doesn't solve the problem for the whole route, but I'd like to think its a big enough visual clue for most people to at least rectify the car in-tunnel problem.

How many EMS, trucks trucks, police vehicles have actually used the paved right-of-ways? I would like to see the stats. If not available, then they should start recording the incidents.
I have only seen 1 EMS on Spadina all these years with the rest using the road. Only seen EMS on the roads and have yet to see any on the ROW for QQ.

Never seen anything on St Clair nor Fleet ROW after all these years.

So if they aren't using the ROW, then there should be no concrete there at all and use grass in place of it as original plan.

I have only seen 1 EMS on Spadina all these years with the rest using the road. Only seen EMS on the roads and have yet to see any on the ROW for QQ.

So if they aren't using the ROW, then there should be no concrete there at all and use grass in place of it as original plan.

I've seen fire trucks on Queen's Quay fairly regularly since the revitalization and they always use the road, never the ROW. And that's a 1 lane each way road.

... the problem just is not with the streetcar tracks. I've seen drivers end up on the bike trail every week.

When I was living on St. Clair, fire trucks and police cruisers would regularly use the ROW - I saw it every 2 or 3 weeks or so.

I've seen cruisers using the Fleet ROW on at least 2 occasions, but never seen any other emergency equipment active down there.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Back