Toronto Queens Quay & Water's Edge Revitalization | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

Just a little bit of diesel fuel spilled , stinks bad but no big deal... it will evaporate in no time :(

unnamed442.jpg

Attachments

• unnamed442.jpg
    unnamed442.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 1,166
That's permeable paving with silva cells beneath so seeping into groundwater and flowing into the lake that we drink from is exactly what's going to happen.

March 27
Starting sometime in April, Finishing touches will start at Bay St and work West as block by block with eastbound traffic returning as the block is completed.

I believe its around Rees that full completion will not be done for another year due to the Hydro work for the new Copeland Electrical Station with temporary material used for it. Lake Shore will see 2 years of construction work as well on it.

They were paving Bay St when I was there with all paving done on QQ including Spadina area.

They are building the form work where the east bound lane shift to the north side with part in place.

I am expecting various areas will not be completed as schedule unless a huge crew show up in the coming weeks, but will be ready for the June event in most locations.

Lot more up on site
16955849961_ab34ae3814_b.jpg

16956818285_d26e752913_b.jpg

16336727243_534eef35aa_b.jpg

16930874036_22f8b66c4c_b.jpg

16336667853_79f1c99b25_b.jpg

16930822086_1b19f90c4b_b.jpg

16930849816_4f8f9a0eb5_b.jpg

16955970635_5d84a1e423_b.jpg

16335871653_5d33cec0eb_b.jpg

It'll improve over time. The parking lots will be redeveloped. Many buildings will likely renovate their street frontages in time to look more inviting.

In my fantasy world the City expropriates and demolishes that horrible condo garage on the south side of Queen's Quay and replaces it with public space with a harbour view.

In my fantasy world the City expropriates and demolishes that horrible condo garage on the south side of Queen's Quay and replaces it with public space with a harbour view.

Yeah that's never going to happen. That fortress of concrete is there forever. When did those towers go up? 70s? 80s? It's crazy to think how out of scale with anything around them they would have been at the time. At least today there's a lot of development around them. Back in the day it would have just been water, parking lots and 3 huge concrete monolithic towers.

Yeah that's never going to happen. That fortress of concrete is there forever. When did those towers go up? 70s? 80s? It's crazy to think how out of scale with anything around them they would have been at the time. At least today there's a lot of development around them. Back in the day it would have just been water, parking lots and 3 huge concrete monolithic towers.

I think the land used to be federal land, and the government at the time just sold it to a developer for the most money. And since it was federal land they could do whatever.

Yes, the parking garage is ugly,but it can not be removed, it needs to be modernized and beautified The parking garage is owned by YCC288 /the condo/ corporation and the retail on the ground floor is owned by foreign investor. Any suggestions who has to pay for this? My hope is that one day the retail part gets so valuable that the owner sells to developer who will renovate it. The second floor parking spots above the retail could be bought from owners and this way the height can be increased significantly.
If you have ideas for improvements please share it, don't propose that private property gets destroyed. Same goes for the private road/tunnel that many of you want to be totally removed. We live in democratic country where private property is respected, not in communist country.

The most problematical bit of the plex is really the parking garage, and the poor landscape design surrounding it - the podium facing the lake is actually pretty interesting.

AoD

The most problematical bit of the plex is really the parking garage, and the poor landscape design surrounding it - the podium facing the lake is actually pretty interesting.

AoD

Yes, you are right. We know that, but when this has been built immediately north of it was were train tracks, wasteland and more train tracks. This is the very first condo building here and if Robert Campeau would have been able to foresee the future 30 years ahead of time he wouldn't go bankrupt.
It could have been designed better no doubt about that, but we can not go back in time and change the design. We can only try to improve it and try to find way to finance this improvement.

yes, every time I walk past them, I have the urge of throwing a dozen grenades to blow them up :cool:
I agree there should be no condos on the south side of QQ between Spadina and Jarvis. It should be exclusively public space. Unfortunately, we are stuck with them for the foreseeable future.

It's funny we're talking about this, I stare directly out at it every day. It's right outside my office window. I would be really cool if they could just cover the entire thing in hanging ivy. Just turn it into a big green living wall. Don't know if that would survive the winter, but it would be awesome.

Back