Toronto Quartz at Concord CityPlace | 131.97m | 41s | Concord Adex | RAW Design

What I don't understand is that almost all the buildings at Concord City Place had the roof area illuminated at night, after a year or so the weren't lit up anymore. Currently only the newest building are lit up at night (purple blocks). I think they all should have some decorative/ambient lighting on top.

Another thing i'm wondering is what will City Place be like in 20-30 years? As the buildings age, maintenance fees rise as do all other issues. Some have referred to it as the future ghetto of Toronto (although I don't agree with that at all). Some people have had bad experiences few years back with security, maintenance and management. Recently I have heard its a decent place to live, some people love it others hate it, but it actually seems to be improving.

As for the design of the Quartz building, looks like it will fit in with the rest, modern average design (not amazing but not bad at all, somewhat unique). The building will cast a shadow over the park in the afternoon, no more sunsets in the park.

It's possible the lights are deactivated seasonally as part of the FLAP program.

It's also possible the illumination was turned off by the condo boards to save money.

Another thing i'm wondering is what will City Place be like in 20-30 years? As the buildings age, maintenance fees rise as do all other issues. Some have referred to it as the future ghetto of Toronto (although I don't agree with that at all). Some people have had bad experiences few years back with security, maintenance and management. Recently I have heard its a decent place to live, some people love it others hate it, but it actually seems to be improving.

Future ghetto? I laugh everytime I hear that. There are a lot of CityPlace haters in on this board. Some still live with their parents while others overpaid for another condo and think they are "better" than everyone else.

Has anyone checked out the finishes inside the new Parade building? I would love to live in a ghetto if a cityplace suite is the definition of one.

Yes there are improvements to be made but haters are so fast to write off something that isn't even close to being finished. As for bad experiences, its not isolated to Cityplace as ALL condos have their issues. Sure Downtown has more "sketchy" people but if you aren't comfortable with that, you should be buying a condo in Markham or Mississauga. I can guarantee you, its not any better there.

The floorplans look decent. But the steep price of$500 psf kind of turns me off. When Is the VIP sale for this ?

Future ghetto? I laugh everytime I hear that. There are a lot of CityPlace haters in on this board...

Yes there are improvements to be made but haters are so fast to write off something that isn't even close to being finished. As for bad experiences, its not isolated to Cityplace as ALL condos have their issues. Sure Downtown has more "sketchy" people but if you aren't comfortable with that, you should be buying a condo in Markham or Mississauga. I can guarantee you, its not any better there.

Ha...ditto about the haters, way too many in this and other forums. The neighbourhood is still evolving. Once Fort York Blvd is finally extended into the west, the new pedestrian bridge installed, the Loblaws bldg (with other mixed office use) is revitalized, library opened and the other condos complete, this west part of CP will be a hub of activity with people from ALL walks of life. It'll also be the preferred north-south SAFE bike/pedestrian connection to the waterfront along Dan Leckie.

What I don't understand is that almost all the buildings at Concord City Place had the roof area illuminated at night, after a year or so the weren't lit up anymore. Currently only the newest building are lit up at night (purple blocks). I think they all should have some decorative/ambient lighting on top.

The Apex buildings still light up. They have green lighting at the top, and orange I believe. Just saw them on last week.

Wow, $500 psf pre-construction does seem steep. I just bought at $460 psf at Luna at the end of December.

You're paying a premium for location. I don't want to make people feel worse but I paid $375/sq ft for Luna, $25,000 for my parking spot and $3000 for my locker. Plus $3000 to upgrade to a combo (locker behind parking spot and closer to elevator).

That was way back in 2006.

Quartz VIP Pre-sale

The floorplans look decent. But the steep price of$500 psf kind of turns me off. When Is the VIP sale for this ?

The VIP Pre-Sale is happening this weekend. IF you have a real estate salesperson who was part of the VIP group (like me) then that salesperson is allowed to sell two units. They need to submit a list of preferred units by 12pm Saturday. By Monday people will be notified of what units they were "awarded" in this process and they will have until 2pm on Tuesday to purchase that unit. Then, those same VIP agents will get a second crack to sell up to two more units starting at 3pm. Message me for details if you like.

Stefanos Papadopoulos

You're paying a premium for location. I don't want to make people feel worse but I paid $375/sq ft for Luna, $25,000 for my parking spot and $3000 for my locker. Plus $3000 to upgrade to a combo (locker behind parking spot and closer to elevator).

That was way back in 2006.

A lot has happened since 2006. You got a good deal, nonetheless.

I saw the model, finishes and suite mock-up of Quartz and it looks really nice.

You can get units at Quartz for under $500/sq. You just need to go to a 2B to do so. $500/sq is now the normal to low price for new developments with DNA3 at $530/sq near the middle, and ICE at well over $600/sq on the higher end. On average, you can expect a development to increase in value by about 20% from when it launches pre-construction until units start hitting the resale market post-building registration.

And if you look at demographics, Generation Y is much larger than Generation X which helped power the condo boom in the GTA. As more Gen Y-ers are employed they will be looking at getting into the condo market in the smaller units in the short term and larger units 5 to 10 years from now. So unless some major things happen to other variables that power the real estate market like a quick and major (not gradual) increase to interest rates, loss of professional (not manufacturing) jobs, and a decline in wages, it is hard to see prices letting up soon. Add to that that it is expected the population of the GTA will double by 2030 and you have steady demand of buyers. The real question is whether the supply is keeping pace or not.

Stefanos Papadopoulos

Units are relatively small, and all lack a kitchen island. All kitchens face the wall. Don't like the layout that much.

^^^ I think the floorplans are one of the better ones out of the Cityplace developments (it seems like each building at Cityplace gets progressively better).
Lacking a kitchen island is probably purposely done for better flexibility (but most likely for cost cutting) -- you could add an island or dining table if you wish. At Panorama the kitchens are typically flawed by the very stupid placement of a freestanding fridge in the middle of the room, preventing an extension of the already tiny islands or placement of a dining table.
At Quartz I am surprised on the lack of balconies on the prime park/city east facing units.

I have recently realized that Cityplace is not a bad place to be. My only gripes is that each building has huge amount of units and unfortunately it has one of the highest ratio of rentals in the city.
For the level of finishes and amenities, and the location I think $500/sf is a reasonable amount. Though the amount of investors buying into Cityplace does worry me.

This is the first of two towers on the block. The podium faces the park and Fort York Blvd, not the view in the picture which is actually a perspective nobody will see since the freeway is right in front of it. Actually, from a light under the Gardiner perspective, it is probably better to have as low a podium as possible on Housey since that will make the sky partially visible from below the freeway.

Back