Toronto Quartz at Concord CityPlace | 131.97m | 41s | Concord Adex | RAW Design

What I don't understand is that almost all the buildings at Concord City Place had the roof area illuminated at night, after a year or so the weren't lit up anymore. Currently only the newest building are lit up at night (purple blocks). I think they all should have some decorative/ambient lighting on top.

Cabbed home from Pearson early evening on Friday Feb 11th and Luna, W1 and HE(2) had their rooftop elements illuminated, although W1 and HE(2) seem to be a little dimmer than I recall them being before. That is definitely one thing that Toronto future builds could improve upon - take a visit to Shanghai for example and the lights and patterns they use on their towers are absolutely fantastic, almost art - nothing like the jerky light show we sometimes get on the CN Tower (which is still an improvement over the dark times, but we can do better).

This was taken after 10pm which seems to be when they turn the lighting features off on Luna. The little multi-coloured lights in the foreground on the hill haven't been on since early autumn.

5414732853_86de33554b_b.jpg

CityPlace looks so much better at night time.

It actually looks 10 times better a bit earlier and in the summer ... when all the lights in the park are on / and the roof lighting element on some of the buildings.

Best place to live in Canada? Geez, I love Toronto but... really?

Obviously. There's just no better city than the national metropolis. It's a very subjective matter, but if you enjoy cities, there's no better place to be.

Not that I'd endorse CityPlace as the best place to live, though.

It really depends what your priorities are. For example, if internet is most important to you, then city place might be the best place to live. It's in the city and the only place with fibre optics within the city. Outside CP, everyone else is on cable or phone line for internet.

Back