Toronto Quartz at Concord CityPlace | 131.97m | 41s | Concord Adex | RAW Design

From what I was told, the programming was supposed to have the lights act kind of like pixels in a tv, cycling through various images. That was very early on in the planning of this art component so I am not sure how much it has changed since then. So far it is in line with what I was expecting to see.

I'm ok with LiteBrite but the colours that I saw RED GREEN BLUE (RGB) just don't fit in with the other colours of city place. Pixels in a tv are only RGB as well but in combination they trick the cones in our eyes into seeing all other colours (as I'm sure most of you know)

I dunno though how successful the spacing of the lights (pixels) are. Even from a plane all I saw was red green blue. There was no optic mixing or anything. I MAY have seen yellow at some point. (Which happens when your red and green cones activate at the same time) Seemed like they were just too spaced out.

Maybe it will look good from the lake/islands?

From late yesterday afternoon:

DSC08082.jpg
DSC08083.jpg
DSC08084.jpg

Attachments

• DSC08082.jpg
    DSC08082.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 1,431
  • DSC08083.jpg
    DSC08083.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 1,426
  • DSC08084.jpg
    DSC08084.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 1,414
Then it's neat, because they are.

Beyond Christmas, I think that Pierre Poussin's Variegation will look good with plants growing up around them next season.

Then it's neat, because they are.

Beyond Christmas, I think that Pierre Poussin's Variegation will look good with plants growing up around them next season.

Hooray!

Much of the architecture in CityPlace is lackluster, but I think they've done a great job with the public art component. There's a great cluster of engaging works in that part of town.

We have a new front page story up on three new public art pieces at Quartz and Spectra, including Variegation (seen above) by Pierre Poussin, Kataharine Harvey's Gardiner Streams, and Adrian Göllner's Drift, part of his Warm by Night installation found at the top of all CityPlace towers.

Back