Toronto PJ Condos | 156.96m | 48s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

Do people need to be reminded of the precast brick panels that went up on the Florian? They were practically a sexual experience for most commenters, and literally one for a least a couple of them. Precast bricks can work when the quality is high.

I didn't know that. They look like beautiful brick on the Florian. The colour they chose really looks fabulous on the Florian.

The design looks promising, although I'm really tired of these condo names that we've been getting over the past few years. PJ Condos (probably stole the idea from YC Condos) is far from the worst of names I've seen, but as a whole they're getting incredibly cheesy. I mean, what's wrong with having a John Street address as a marketed name? I still will take names like One St. Thomas or even 18 Yorkville over 'U Condos'. (although I'm sure most residents just use the actual address)

^ Agreed. Imagine asking someone where they live and them saying "oh, in the PJ Condos". Sounds dumb. I agree about the addresses (though unless it's a unique one like One St. Thomas or 40 Wall Street, it's occasionally hard to remember exactly which one it is).

I like the classic "The _______ Building" names. The John Pearl Building, maybe? Or something along those lines.

Pic taken Oct 5, 2014

NtWhC2Z.jpg

Attachments

• NtWhC2Z.jpg
    NtWhC2Z.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 1,933
Oh man, this is awesome. Yeah, I quite like this building. The accent/inset on the bottom, west-facing side of the building looks like it'll do a nice job snugging into this rather small lot size. But John St., especially if we can finally get the street turned into a pedestrian thoroughfare of sorts--at least at certain times--will just be buzzing.

At Nuit Blanche last night I was standing in that empty lot on the N. side of Queen just where Queen meets Peter, and I was looking at the development going up. Cinema, Lightbox and Pinnacle hold it down, with Picasso and Tableau and that Richmond-whatchamacallit center coming up strong right now. Looks fantastic.

With this up the density will be Unky Miscreant approved.

Oh man, this is awesome. Yeah, I quite like this building. The accent/inset on the bottom, west-facing side of the building looks like it'll do a nice job snugging into this rather small lot size. But John St., especially if we can finally get the street turned into a pedestrian thoroughfare of sorts--at least at certain times--will just be buzzing.

At Nuit Blanche last night I was standing in that empty lot on the N. side of Queen just where Queen meets Peter, and I was looking at the development going up. Cinema, Lightbox and Pinnacle hold it down, with Picasso and Tableau and that Richmond-whatchamacallit center coming up strong right now. Looks fantastic.

With this up the density will be Unky Miscreant approved.

I was really struck by that last night as well in the same spot. With Picasso, Tableau, Queen Richmond, etc. going up, and Cinema towers lit roof feature, it felt completely different than what that view was like a few short years ago. Felt much bigger city than ever before.

Application: Partial Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 14 266740 SHO 00 PP Accepted Date: Dec 22, 2014

Project: Mixed Use/Res w Non Res Partial Permit - Shoring

Description: Part Permit - Proposal to construct a 48 storey condo with 372 residential units, commercial at grade, and 5 levels of below grade parking.

Damn so many towers going up in this area its hard to keep up. This part of town will have intense density come 10 years.

48 storeys? Not 41?

And what's going on with the permit applications for buildings in these few blocks that haven't gone into sales yet?

48 storeys? Not 41?

And what's going on with the permit applications for buildings in these few blocks that haven't gone into sales yet?

It's Pinnacle. They are up there with Daniels and Minto when it comes to spec builds.

Back