Toronto PJ Condos | 156.96m | 48s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

There was to be a Mirvish museum but I'm sure they'd rather move that to the Mirvish development anyway ? That was the only redeeming aspect of the development in my mind, and of course getting rid of a nasty parking lot, maybe one of the last few prominent ones King east or west near the core ?

Anyway I've heard the sales have been slow in the area as well. It does not at all surprise me that Smart House is doing well though, in a great location, and of course very investor friendly units. For us, its architecture does look like it may be interesting and above average, moreover the 4 stories of retail on Queen is probably the best thing to look forward too.

First I've heard of this. I'm hoping that it totally goes under and is eventually launched with a brand new design.

I sort of did some investigating and posted about it last week on the thread for the development on the corner of King and Spadina, Here:
http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthread.php/6629-401-415-King-West-(-Spadina-se-corner-current-LCBO-Terracap-20-37s-Core)/page26

someone itially posted a snippet from an article:

Chinese state-owned developer Greenland Holding Group plans to invest 400 million Canadian dollars ($360 million) in a property project in Canada, indicating it remained confident that it could sell homes in the country despite Ottawa's recent move to tighten an immigration program.

Shanghai-based Greenland, which is the most outbound-oriented developer in China, said in a statement it will build residential apartments in a twin tower project in downtown Toronto. The project has a gross floor area of 67,000 square meters and a site area of 3,855 square meters. The developer said it plans to start construction within six months. It didn't say when the project would be completed.

and I responded:

This site isn't that large, seems to be roughly 2,500 square meters. you now have me puzzled however.

edit: just looked up the square footage and this is 34,000 square meters. Whatever they are developing, it is huge. The only possible candidates I can think of is King Blue which the previous developer sold due to less than stellar sales or the double tower proposal on the TPA parking lot in Yorkville. That second one doesn't have approvals yet though so idk. This is puzzling me more than it should.

Double edit: looked up King Blue square footage, 66,937 square meters. I think we have our project. Did Eastons group sell the project and flee to the (apparently) much more successful Dundas Square Gardens? Lot square footage seems roughly equal as well after a quick measurement with google maps.

There was to be a Mirvish museum but I'm sure they'd rather move that to the Mirvish development anyway ? That was the only redeeming aspect of the development in my mind, and of course getting rid of a nasty parking lot, maybe one of the last few prominent ones King east or west near the core ?

Anyway I've heard the sales have been slow in the area as well. It does not at all surprise me that Smart House is doing well though, in a great location, and of course very investor friendly units. For us, its architecture does look like it may be interesting and above average, moreover the 4 stories of retail on Queen is probably the best thing to look forward too.

First; I should state categorically that King Blue is not cancelled at all. It seems—according to circumstantial evidence at this point—it will be going ahead with some Chinese money in it.

Second; it's not a Mirvish Museum. It's Theatre Museum Canada, which will have a lot of of Mirvish-related material no doubt, and it will stay at King Blue.

First; I should state categorically that King Blue is not cancelled at all. It seems—according to circumstantial evidence at this point—it will be going ahead with some Chinese money in it.

Second; it's not a Mirvish Museum. It's Theatre Museum Canada, which will have a lot of of Mirvish-related material no doubt, and it will stay at King Blue.

Gotcha, that is a little surprising, you'd think they'd attempt to get it moved to the Mirivish towers, as that seems like a more ideal place for such a museum.

BREAKING: Introducing PJ Condos! More information to follow

10494367_743340182370666_2337165388426749279_o.jpg

Last edited:
Yes it is. You can see hints of the same podium styling with the 620 King West Project, especially during the original Context iteration.

AoD

Looks sexy now. Let's hope the Pinnacle doesn't delete the curves and angles like they did the last one.

Much more difficult to do it on this one without removing the public square, which the city wouldn't be happy about.

Hello, this is Pinnacle we're talking about. They never deliver what was originally planned. It will most likely have all its interesting bits removed, like the one across the street.

As you can see at the top of the page, we now have a dataBase page up for the building which includes close-up views of the various components of the plan. PJ gets its name from Pearl and John Streets, as the tower is rising at the south end of the lot. The pubic piazza will be on the Adelaide side at the north end.

Back