Mississauga Pinnacle Uptown: Crystal Condominiums | 167m | 28s | Pinnacle | Richmond Architects

... Lots of pot shot taking place at council today to the point they broke for lunch at 2:30 and only haft way done.

A bit off topic, but Miss. City Council has changed in the past year or so, and not for the better. Expect it to stay that way at least until the inquiry wraps up. I'm hearing from more than one knowledgeable source that there is a good deal of bitterness and backbiting, and that has not been usual for Mississauga. I hope we are not following the lead of the City Above ...

I think Mississauga Muse would be pleased that all the sketchyness at City Hall is finally being made known.

the sketchyness at City Hall is finally being made known.

I don't agree. Yeah, council was bad before but never like this. I think even the refusal of this development alone is very uncharacteristic of them. I agree with Observer Walt, the council has definitely changed. I don't think it is a coincidence Carolyn Parrish became a councillor recently too.

Here's yet more controversy from yesterday involving Mississauga City Council and surprise surprise, Carolyn Parrish is at the centre of it:
http://www.mississauga.com/news/article/229542--a-carolyn-moment

Carolyn Parrish did say she was the elephant in the room yesterday and made no bones about it. Hummmm!!!! Who was the unnamed party with her and George Carlson who has become a puppet of hers?

What do expect from a council that is in overdrive these days running for reelection the past few months and cow bowing to the folks they think will get the elected again.

The thought of having density in only a small area is a great sale by council when it is dumb in the first place.

I said if council refused to start dealing with traffic issues, then pave the city over in asphalt as that the only way you going to move traffic.

I wish this happen during the summer as it would allow me to do some traffic counts at a few places to support this development. Try to do it at this time of the year is going to be a bitch.

I feel this will end up at OMB like the Lakeshore project and the city is going to loose. Then the election will be over.

By the way, who play tennis out door in the open at this time of the year for this area??

This is heading to the OMB on May 11 at Mississauga City Hall.

And April 19, the city is doing an Addendum Supplementary Report to permit the development of 2 apartment buildings on the land going before the OMB

It a GO

Council approved the Supplementary Report Monday night after Pinnacle agree to not have the development connect to the exiting streets to the north and to supply more park space. It was also agreed that the next phases will proceed based on transit service or lack of it until the LRT is in place.

Phase 1 will see an 25 and 28 story condo on Eglinton next to the ESSO station.

City Staff supported the plan and it would work in the favour of Pinnacle at the OMB hearing schedule for May 11.

[...] not have the development connect to the exiting streets to the north [...]
The City must be on $DRUG. First, they publish the Strategic Plan, Action Plan, and Draft Official Plan, all preaching that Nodes should have a permeable street pattern, and then this happens. I hope they build at least sidewalks to the abutting sprawl.

Last edited:
You have to take a look at what is actually located to the north. "Permeable" is OK to a point, but this is being planned as a high-rise community. There is not a major collector or arterial street immediately to the north. It's a neighbourhood of low-rise single family housing. There is also an elementary school immediately to the north. You don't want heavy traffic to and from several high-rise towers running along these minor streets, which were never designed for the purpose. I can't imagine council voting for any such thing.

On the other hand, the development is well suited to sit at the corner of two arterials, and right beside the (hopefully) near future higher order transit.

I think "permeability" is only important to bikes, walking, transit... as long bikes, bus routes, and pedestrians are not blocked I don't think it is a problem. Cars can find another route easily without inconvenience, while for everyone else it would be a huge inconvenience. So I don't see much problem with blocking car access. In fact you can see in downtown Toronto they have added barriers to some side streets as well to prevent car access from the arterial.

http://www5.mississauga.ca/agendas/planning/2009/11_30_09/Item08OZ07025W5Rpt.pdf

I didn't capture the PDF in the most efficient way but... With some minor alterations to the site plan block 1 has since been approved but the remaining blocks will be considered once traffic/transit concerns are addressed meaning once the LRT (approved by council as the preferred choice for Hurontario from Port Credit to Brampton) is in place or at least when construction starts. I suspect the sales office will be built in due time.

HEB1C-2010-05-18_133441.jpg

HEB1A-2010-05-18_133441.jpg

HEB1B-2010-05-18_133441.jpg

Back