Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

So, I have a bit of a surprise: lots more to look at from last week's Design Review Panel meeting. Have fun!

1YongeAxoExplodo1280.jpg
1YongeModelE1280.jpg
1YongeModelNW1280.jpg
1YongeModelSE1280.jpg
1YongeSectionSN1280.jpg
1YongeSectionWE1280.jpg
1YongeSitePhases1280.jpg

The are also some further scale model pics in a new front page story, along with more detail on what is presented at the Design Review Panel meetings. Check it out here.

Attachments

• 1YongeAxoExplodo1280.jpg
    1YongeAxoExplodo1280.jpg
    520.6 KB · Views: 1,564
  • 1YongeModelE1280.jpg
    1YongeModelE1280.jpg
    326.9 KB · Views: 472
  • 1YongeModelNW1280.jpg
    1YongeModelNW1280.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 442
  • 1YongeModelSE1280.jpg
    1YongeModelSE1280.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 446
  • 1YongeSectionSN1280.jpg
    1YongeSectionSN1280.jpg
    457.3 KB · Views: 457
  • 1YongeSectionWE1280.jpg
    1YongeSectionWE1280.jpg
    448 KB · Views: 468
  • 1YongeSitePhases1280.jpg
    1YongeSitePhases1280.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 430
Man, those scale models are a tease -- would've been so nice if that bronzing effect carried through to the design; that would've injected some nice colour in the sea of blue.

Noticed the same thing and totally agree. Would much rather the warmer, natural feel offered by these models.

Just cuz I was curious, I used a few of the official images to see their average colour (at least what can be gleaned from the render). And sure enough chilly blue-grey reigns supreme.

1-7-Yonge-Average-Colour-3.png

1-7-Yonge-Average-Colour-2.png

1-7-Yonge-Average-Colour.png

Attachments

• 1-7-Yonge-Average-Colour-3.png
    1-7-Yonge-Average-Colour-3.png
    505.9 KB · Views: 428
  • 1-7-Yonge-Average-Colour-2.png
    1-7-Yonge-Average-Colour-2.png
    512.9 KB · Views: 510
  • 1-7-Yonge-Average-Colour.png
    1-7-Yonge-Average-Colour.png
    631.9 KB · Views: 447
The exploded-view talks about PATH connect north across Lake Shore to 'adjacent development', but that's currently just the triangle of land where the Yonge off-ramp touches down. I've always thought that would be an easy space to open up for development with a realignment of the ramp, and it looks like the parcel (if you encroach a little into the rail berm) is similar in size to 10 York. City's take on selling could probably pay for a new ramp.

The exploded-view talks about PATH connect north across Lake Shore to 'adjacent development', but that's currently just the triangle of land where the Yonge off-ramp touches down. I've always thought that would be an easy space to open up for development with a realignment of the ramp, and it looks like the parcel (if you encroach a little into the rail berm) is similar in size to 10 York. City's take on selling could probably pay for a new ramp.

I believe i42 said that's going to be a connection to CIBC Square

I believe i42 said that's going to be a connection to CIBC Square

The PATH bridge will go to CIBC Square. CIBC Square is getting a Yonge Street access to its parking garage/loading docks between 18 Yonge and the Rail Corridor. A PATH connection will be built over that, bridging Yonge, continuing a bit east, then turning south under the Gardiner.

Yeah continuing a bit east of Yonge street which is that triangular land mentioned above

The models, with the bronze elements, remind me A LOT of The One's initial proposals. All in all though this is a stunning building. This will be what, three or four towers with the diagonal exterior structure? I'll take that over our green/blue trend of the last decade.

Hopefully because of the positive media we see quick approval on the design changes.

Anybody knows what the time line looks like for Phases 1-4 + the park (fountain) block? When will it start and complete?

Back