Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

I am actually quite comfortable with the idea of a supertall here. I think it's a good site for that.

100 floors... I certainly am curious to see this.

Hariri Pontarini and Pinnacle International will be working together on this project

They worked together on Pinnacle on Adelaide and look what happened:
PinnacleAdelaideTower.jpg

Attachments

• PinnacleAdelaideTower.jpg
    PinnacleAdelaideTower.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 579
alas, the original design for that was quite amazing. but it got trimmed down and boxed up. I hope that doesn't happen here.

I don't know if Toronto would be able to accept something 200 feet taller than the CN tower..

I hope that's not true, does that mean we're doomed to never see a supertall over 1815 feet tall? I suspect, decades from now, we will see a building surpass it, but perhaps not so close to the CN Tower. If it was perhaps built north of, say, Wellesley, it would give enough distance to allow the CN tower to remain our outstanding feature? Just saying...........in any case, 100 stories sounds good to me, all be it unrealistic. I simply can't see city council approving it, although, devils advocate here, the only residents are in tall towers, so shadowing should be irrelevant. My only concern is so many people living and working in only a few blocks, it's only going to make our already nightmare traffic/commuting even worse, unless, of course, the subway relief line is built first.

I am adding the developer and architect to the thread title, (not that it's a secret anymore), and just to confirm that information from the UT side of things.

What did I miss? How was this ascertained?

And why are we giving any credence to a newcomer who decides this will be a super tall?

Lol this was sure a turn of events,

1 Younge has some great potential and lets just hope this doesn't become one typical toronto building

What did I miss? How was this ascertained?

And why are we giving any credence to a newcomer who decides this will be a super tall?

Nothing is ascertained until it is actually built.
Well, as far as a graceful "Newcomer credence" comment goes? hmmm...
Not yapping about 'everything'n'everywhere' surely makes me a newcomer..
Thanks!
:)

Back