Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

Well, I will adopt a wait and see approach in this case - information will wind its' way through planning documents soon enough.

AoD

Pinnacle marketing:
Welcome to Pinnacle Centre, the ultimate in luxury landmark living. Rising to take its prestigious place on Toronto's Harbourfront skyline.

And other gems...

Infinity marketing:
Downtown’s newest luxury condominium residence, a soaring architectural masterpiece right across from the Air Canada Centre.

Crystal Blu marketing:
Crystal Blu epitomizes sophistication in every exquisite detail... will add an extraordinary dimension to the city's skyline.

Yeah, same doom and gloom and nothing that we havent already heard

What on earth are you talking about? He was referring to the quotes that I lifted straight from the developers marketing, it has nothing to do with the "doom and gloom" you so often deride.

And yes, while posting those I had to laugh to keep from weeping.

What on earth are you talking about? He was referring to the quotes that I lifted straight from the developers marketing, it has nothing to do with the "doom and gloom" you so often deride.

And yes, while posting those I had to laugh to keep from weeping.

Yeah, but we already know they are not the greatest of developments, people dont have to go back and keep bringing it up.........let it rest, and hope for something better here

One Tower is almost guaranteed to be over 70 floors.

I don't want to say it out loud, but I actually think we are looking at one tower somewhere between 80 to 100 floors.

Plus 2 other towers to offset the big one.

Okay, call me crazy, but just for fun I thought I'd dare imagine that they'll hire Hariri Pontarini to design this project for them, (they've designed for Pinnacle at their Adelaide site) and that Pinnacle might unshackle HP a bit so that we might get something of the calibre of One Bloor West here, or the late lamented Context King West… I can think of a lot worse than a huge HP designed project in a prominent site on Toronto's waterfront.

Remember - any developer is going to know that they are never going to get a better site than the foot of Yonge Street. This will be Pinnacle's signature site, landmark location, calling card condos. They will seal their reputation here, one way or the other. So like I said, call me crazy, but I bet they know that too, so I'm going to dare to dream that this will be a Hariri Pontarini stunner.

I would argue that the Success site was far more prominent, given that it's sandwiched between Yonge and Bay, and much closer to Union Station, and we all know what they did there. In my opinion, their reputation is already sealed.

I, uh, don't mind the Success Tower. It's a bit 'big time for Markham,' but I don't mind it.

I don't mind it individually. It's okay. As a group, however, the Pinnacle block towers are dreary, and their more unique characteristics are washed out by all the green.

I don't mind it individually. It's okay. As a group, however, the Pinnacle block towers are dreary, and their more unique characteristics are washed out by all the green.

Precisely. Throw in 18 Yonge and the Residences of the World Trade Centre, though not built by Pinnacle, and the sea of green gets compounded further.

One Tower is almost guaranteed to be over 70 floors.

I don't want to say it out loud, but I actually think we are looking at one tower somewhere between 80 to 100 floors.

Plus 2 other towers to offset the big one.

Would this "big one" be the " 340-350 metre tower between yonge and freeland streets just north of the Toronto Star Building" that a poster on SSP mentioned a few months back?

Back