Toronto Pinnacle on Adelaide | 144.47m | 46s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

man, you took the words right out of my mouth! another clunker of a design. doesnt any architect in this city have an original thought?

Again, there's no evidence that the design has changed it all. It appears to be the eact same design that you said you liked on the prior page:

I knew this had to be Hairiri Pontiarini as soon as I saw it...Overall I like it..

Last edited:
lol... and touche! thanks for redirecting me further back in the thread and refreshing my meomory! I guess that I had forgotten which project this was (rather than suggesting the design had changed) and no doubt the earlier renderings are much more flattering!

3096791755_b113bcef4d_o.jpg
Pinnacle/HP seemed to have kept the proposal relatively unchanged ... I think the interestingly shaped angled walls will be more evident when we see renderings from the southeast ~

Pinnacle/HP seemed to have kept the proposal relatively unchanged ... I think the interestingly shaped angled walls will be more evident when we see renderings from the southeast ~

Dont see the roof slant...or is it the angle of this rendering, anyways seems like it is going to be a good addition to the area.

Dont see the roof slant...or is it the angle of this rendering, anyways seems like it is going to be a good addition to the area.

I think the slanted roof is still there ... but just reversed ... look closely at the new rendering and you'll see a sloped roof in which the high point is along the north edge instead ~

Actually... Hariri Pontarini tells me that the roof's slant has not been reversed... not yet anyway... it's just the acute angle of that particular rendering which makes it look different from the earlier elevations.

Meanwhile, design on this building has not quite wrapped up yet, so we may see a new roof design altogether before marketing starts. Stay tuned!

Actually... Hariri Pontarini tells me that the roof's slant has not been reversed... not yet anyway... it's just the acute angle of that particular rendering which makes it look different from the earlier elevations.

Meanwhile, design on this building has not quite wrapped up yet, so we may see a new roof design altogether before marketing starts. Stay tuned!

42, iis it just me or is the site much more "in" with developers/architects etc. If so its great for the site as a whole and for all the members since there will be way less hearsay and statements not based in fact. Getting the goods directly from the source is amazing especially for those like me who have a instant gratification problem.

If you want to be "in" with architects all you have to do is either brunch or dine at any number of Queen West joints--from Swan to Bar_One to Local Kitchen. I've met architects working for all the major cool firms that way. (Although is Core or Quadrangle really that cool?) Most (good) architects are shocked to even find someone outside their clique passionate about good architecture (such as myself.) Also, like me, it helps if you date architects....:D

Last edited:
42, is it just me or is the site much more "in" with developers/architects etc. If so its great for the site as a whole and for all the members since there will be way less hearsay and statements not based in fact. Getting the goods directly from the source is amazing especially for those like me who have a instant gratification problem.

It's not just you Mckarisma, we do have a growing following the in city's architecture community... which I think is good for all. Some of the commenting on the site certainly isn't appreciated by certain architects in some instances of course, but that's how it goes.

More and more, UT is looking to get the facts out correctly so that we have more informed opinion here, and less idle speculation. So, even if there is still dissension in the ranks, which we will always have, at least the amount of uninformed opinion will have dropped!

Pinnacle is having a busy day....posted on Urbanation's twitter feed today......
Register now for Pinnacle's 43-storey building at 283 Adelaide St at John St called "The Pinnacle on Adelaide":

link isn't quite working yet........http://pinnacleadelaide.com/

does anyone know the approximate $/sqft? or even better, anyone with the pricelist?

They were selling very fast last i heard. Especially the more economical units on the lower floors. Prices were under $600 sq ft during the VIP event....i recall around $580 or depending on unit and view. Some nice floorplans as well. I was tempted to bite.....

Here was the rendering on Hariri Pontarini's website:

joa_01.jpg

And here's the rendering on the website:

Pinnacle_2.jpg

It looks like the angled plane at the northeast corner has been removed and spandrel glass has been generously added. It's not clear from this angle, but it looks as though the entire tower may have been boxified. I think my expectations for this tower have just about hit the floor. Though, to be fair, I shouldn't have expected anything particularly interesting from Pinnacle in the first place.

Back