Toronto Pinnacle on Adelaide | 144.47m | 46s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

I wouldn't count on employees to have all the details of what is going to be happening with the land in three years. Given that the sales centre is not even completed, and that once open sales will probably go on for over a year, we are already up to two of those three years.

Leases can be broken. All you need is money.

I don't know about a coloured rendering, but I believe there are some b&w elevations from City staff reports. The design might have also been tweaked from when the report was written so those elevations could be a bit dated. This thread is pretty small compared to some others. It wouldn't take long to go through it.

metrolp ... Mike in TO did post the following just on the previous page ~

Pinnacle has revised their development plan since the original submission to the planning department in June 2008. The hotel component has been reduced in scale in favour of more condo units. 2008 Proposal included 443 condo units, 104 hotel rooms and underground parking for 388. The revised proposal includes plans for 471 condo units, 70 hotel rooms and 338 parking spots.

4137755753_2f14ecdf17_o.jpg
4138520036_905738471a_o.jpg
4137755661_3463715784_o.jpg

wow festival tower and this are going to dominate at street level, each have more than a 7 storey podium.

I knew this had to be Hairiri Pontiarini as soon as I saw it. The bevelled angles on the corners of the tower are quite remininscent of his design on Shangri-la. the columns of small recessed balconies make a nice design detail but are probably not very usable (size) for people that will be living there. Overall I like it..

I knew this had to be Hairiri Pontiarini as soon as I saw it. The bevelled angles on the corners of the tower are quite remininscent of his design on Shangri-la. the columns of small recessed balconies make a nice design detail but are probably not very usable (size) for people that will be living there. Overall I like it..

Not to go off-topic, but I'm confused about Shangri-La. I've seen both Hariri Pontarini and James K.M. Cheng listed as the architect. It certainly looks like a Pontarini design. Was Cheng responsible for the interior?

March 31 2010 update

Sales Office Well Underway
Click to Enlarge

Back