Toronto Picasso Condos | 128.62m | 39s | Mattamy Homes | Teeple Architects

^^^ Yeah, that's it! I remember them broadcasting sets on the radio when I was too young to visit...

It's sad that it ended its life as just another Top 40 gino club.

I sure would like to see this project design back..:cool:

A post-modern strategy for city building

Toronto architect Stephen Teeple’s scheme for the Gansevoort boutique hotel and condominium tower on Richmond Street West is the most original and striking residential tall-building design to come forward in Hogtown in several years.

It may never be built. The site’s ownership has changed since Mr. Teeple’s venture became public knowledge three years ago. The new landlords, of course, are not obliged to put up something agreed to by previous owners. They may well ask another architect to draw up an entirely new plan for their development.

More.....http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life...rn-strategy-for-city-building/article1945978/

In my opinion Teeple is one of the best firms around. Just browsing through their website will show you why. Many of their buildings have been featured in design/architecture books and magazines about Toronto that I've read in the past.

It's a shame that this one and Giraffe condos didn't get built. They would have just added to the city and to their excellent portfolio. Also, 60 Richmond Street East is pretty tough to beat in its category.

I think they are the best firm in the GTA. Don't know what it'll take to get them to the trough with the big boys like aA and KPMB. Maybe they're not mediocre enough.

From Urbanation's Twitter:

Monarch purchases TAS Design's former Gansevoort hotel/condo site at 306-322 Richmond St W for $20.8 Million - potential 2011 opening!

Hopefully they keep the original design.

Are you kidding me, this is Monarch - probably get crap.
S'Bus

Monarch is responsible for Lago, Heron's Hill, and Quay West among others, so they're definitely behind some of the more refined designs as of late. If they don't keep Teeple's design, I'm sure they'll give us something worthwhile.

Curious to see Monarch's approach to the site.

Even as a failed site for TAS, they still made a good margin on selling the land.

Back