Toronto Parliament Street Data Centre | ?m | 5s | BRL Realty | WZMH

As far as data centers go, I know of only one other in downtown Toronto (Allied REIT’s building on Front St. West, east of Simcoe)
There's some smaller ones stuck in other buildings in downtown, often unknown to many in the building ...taking perhaps only part of a floor.

There's some smaller ones stuck in other buildings in downtown, often unknown to many in the building ...taking perhaps only part of a floor.
I operate one. There's dozens throughout the city and a few larger ones in the 905 as well.

December 22, 2014:

Finishing detail at the top floor with charcoal coloured corrugated metal cladding being installed today.

Closeup view of the metal cladding being installed.

Would love to see a tower with these colours.

Indeed. I think there is a TAS project in NYCC that used terracotta - but this is truly the type of cladding that would do well if used in say, Southcore. A podiumful of this material would have added so much of the absent warmth in the precinct.

AoD

The podium on YC Condos is supposed to be terracotta panels

January 2, 2015:

As viewed from Parliament Street:

North Elevation:

Below: South and East Elevations

Below: Close-up on the slats. They appear to have a very shallow depth, perhaps one inch at the most, in which case it seems highly unlikely these "ledges" will attract pigeons. Small birds - that's another matter...

Back