Mississauga Parkside Village Residences | 135.93m | 45s | Amacon | Richmond Architects

It is one of the best overall so far in MCC, right up there with Citygate. Hopefully, the rest of Parkside Village will be as good and be able to distract from the crappiness of the neighbouring Central Park developments...

PSV06605222008_01.jpg

Presenting the Residences, your gateway to Parkside Village. More impressively, it’s the gateway to a new lifestyle in the heart of Downtown Mississauga. As the first phase of this revolutionary development, it promises everything you’ve always wanted in a neighborhood.

Inside the Residences is a world of amenities. Created by the unrivalled interior designers at Chapman Design Group, you’ll be awestruck by the 50,000 square-feet of incredible amenities. The games lounge, the wine bar and cellar, the gourmet show kitchen and grand celebration room – nothing has been overlooked. There’s also the refreshing lap pool looking out on the Skypark. This amazing courtyard park is the perfect retreat for sunbathers and those who appreciate the great outdoors. Step outside and discover a BBQ lounge and dining area, pooch patio, fireplace lounge and manicured gardens and sky lawn.

Outside, experience a life of leisure in the expansive parks, promenades and bike trails, or indulge in the street life that makes this urban village so lively. Pedestrian-friendly walkways make it easy for residents to soak in the vibrant energy around the many storefronts. Check out a patio café, a restaurant or take in some shopping. It’s like a new and exciting world is at your doorstep!

As a resident, you’ll be a part of this amazing lifestyle right in the heart of Downtown Mississauga. With its striking point tower and beautiful podium base, this first phase will forever add to the city’s unmistakable skyline.

Discover how you can redefine your life. Discover the Residences at Parkside Village.

PSV06605222008_04.jpg

I wish I had a time machine so I could see this project in its finished state. It does sound promising, and if they stick to the guiding principles, (which they seem to be doing so far with the Residences) this will really change MCC for the better.

Now, it'd be real suburban of them to give Parkside Village street names like "Howard Park", "Constance", "Geoffrey", "Westminster" et al

If they follow the street grid, the names would be as follows:

2517050349_9efcc7f1e4_o.jpg

Street at the top is Prince of Wales Dr (assuming it continues west in the future to Confederation like Princess Royal and City Centre already do). Whether the name will continue as the street veers south, I'm not sure. I think the name should keep going and hit Burnhamthorpe. The next E-W street down is Princess Royal Dr. Then it's City Centre Dr. Really there's only one street left to name, the one dividing blocks 7 & 8 from 6 & 9, respectively.

Here's a more official-looking map from the City's website:

2517075517_363cb7d9e3_o.jpg

This tower is the one with the cool curved podium right? I believe it's on the other side of the building in that rendering.

Curious. Why would they be starting on that block (indicated in orange)?

Curious. Why would they be starting on that block (indicated in orange)?

I have no idea. The best I could come up with is thats where Amica City Centre and One Park Tower are... maybe they want to start there in order to make the intersection feel 'complete'? Block 10 is also a park that connects to the one at One Park Tower and Block 1 and 2... maybe the city really wants that belt to be finished?

A 360 view of the intersection of Confederation Dr and Princess Royal.

The grating in front of Second Cup for Capital One that is to be replace so tables and chairs can be place on top of the air shaft. Surprise someone was a sleep when designing the area that this was miss.

2525972897_34b0bb8061_b.jpg

In front of a new hair salon place that is to open soon.
2525970337_84b70e6a09_b.jpg

Latest I've heard is 5,500 units in 18 towers. The plan is to have retail at street level in all the buildings with one or two floors of office space above (i.e. doctors & dentists offices etc) to give the area a more 'urban' (urban as in 'urban' for Mississauga, not Queen West) feel to it.

There is no reason to compare urban to other cities. This is a new definition of urban, borrowing urban from other cities as well.

That Second Cup is weird. There is like a backroom which doesn't feel very cozy. I don't know, it just doesn't feel like a coffee shop. I went there last week for the first time.

There is reason to compare "urban". The thing with language is that we choose particular words to mean particular things, and while not everybody will agree on the exact meaning of "urban", collectively we understand the meaning within a generally defined context. When the intended meaning stretches beyond that context, we must further define it, and surround the word in quotes 'cause it looks kewl. That's not a slight against Mississauga, just an acknowledgment that what is planned for its downtown residential area is not what would be considered a traditional urban downtown. May it be the Nirvana that Amacon tells us it will.

Back