Toronto Parade at Concord CityPlace | 127.4m | 44s | Concord Adex | P + S / IBI

^^^
As far as I know there was originally an affordable/subsidized housing tower, public and catholic elementary schools, a daycare, and a recreation centre on that site, however there was opposition from surrounding residents (strange because I thought it was mostly renters living at Cityplace) so the project got nixed.
It's too bad since the design is actually much more interesting than most of the buildings at Cityplace, and the area would really benefit from this development:
Aerial.jpg

The site is Block 31, and is owned by the City of Toronto.

Don't know what the current fate is for that hole in the ground.

The project has most definitely not been nixed. It was sent back to the drawing board because of so many people's concerns for their views being blocked by the 44-storey tower (containing affordable housing units that might have better views). Here's the thread: http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?7564-TCHC-Block-31-Development-%28CityPlace-43-9s-MJMA-aA%29&highlight=block. I don't know the latest on the redesign.

Lets hope they get this going soon, come on... this project includes a rec centre, daycare, and a couple of schools that are much needed to the area. i hope out of the drawing board comes a super elegant 58 storey 200 meter (including the spire) tower..:):D

I'm starting to realize that this block (parade 1 and 2) is more dense (# of residents) than the harbourview estates block... and i'm not entirely sure what to make of it... if it's good thing or not or both :confused:

From that last pic im surprised the TCHC development did not build a rail barrier wall...i guess its up to the city now.:confused:

I think the earth one sees in the last picture is actually the end of the street that runs between the TCHC building and Parade. Once the TCHC building starts building I suspect we will see a rail barrier wall there too, it's clearly not gravy!

Back