Toronto Parade at Concord CityPlace | 127.4m | 44s | Concord Adex | P + S / IBI

from today
2011016015.jpg

2011016016.jpg

Interesting that the cylindrical tower is offset from the squared one. It seems to be set slightly forward meaning that the bridge will most likely will also be angled. I can't remember seeing an overhead render of this project - Can anyone else confirm that this is the design?

I believe that was always the design.

I appreciate that CityPlace has done a good job with hiding the mechanical on their towers.

Interesting that the cylindrical tower is offset from the squared one. It seems to be set slightly forward meaning that the bridge will most likely will also be angled. I can't remember seeing an overhead render of this project - Can anyone else confirm that this is the design?

indeed Bruvyman ... the circular tower/Parade 2 is situated (very) slightly south of the square tower/Parade 1 ... and therefore a (slightly) angled bridge ... as seen in this site plan ~ :)

Site Plan
Parade_SP.jpg

Hey Solaris, is that an updated site plan? Are those heights current on that one? Just curious since both towers had grown. But 417 feet sounds about right for a 44 storey tower, give or take..

Thanks Solaris... after looking at that siteplan, a couple things stand out to me about this project:

-because the bridge is angled like it is, it meets the cylinder at a very low angle making it seem much longer than only the distance between the buildings.

-When do people start to move in to this building? I know people have already done PDI inspections but will residents be allowed to move into the tower portion before they have completed the bridge? I really haven't the foggiest as to how you install a skybridge, but it would seem to me that they would install it after both buildings are complete and that they wouldn't want to hold up occupancy for that long. Can they do it without disrupting or endangering residents lives?

-This is a BIG builiding...Two huge Podiums, four towers including two hulking 40+s buildings all connected with a bridge.

-Does anyone know if the reported footings for the pedestrian bridge are set to join up with the Pedestrian Mews in the Site Plan? That would make for a really interesting walk from Front street with the Parade Bridge acting as the Gateway to Cityplace. Looking through the gate, you would see the brightly coloured bobbers in canoe park in front of a big green space.

For all the grief that Cityplace gets around here, it does some things very well. Add some retail streetfronts, spruce up queens quay, adding that grocery store wouldn't hurt either, and you've got yourself a great neighbourhood.

For all the grief that Cityplace gets around here, it does some things very well. Add some retail streetfronts, spruce up queens quay, adding that grocery store wouldn't hurt either, and you've got yourself a great neighbourhood.

Yeah dont get it, people trashing this development and neighbourhood that most cities would die for...15 years ago no developer would have touched it with a 10 foot pole, now that it is being built the critics are at it. Wait 5-10 years when all is said and done , this will be a great neighbourhood to be proud of.:)

Great update, Jasonzed! I love this shot:

It's exciting to see a new cylindrical tower going up-- we don't get many of those. It'd be hard to create something sexier than Matrix with that shape, but I think this will still be a really cool tower. :)

Back