Toronto Parade at Concord CityPlace | 127.4m | 44s | Concord Adex | P + S / IBI

thanks Bruvyman

looks like the condo board for Luna has already decide to turn off the purple rooftop decorative lighting panels (much like other Cityplace tower)~

thanks Bruvyman

looks like the condo board for Luna has already decide to turn off the purple rooftop decorative lighting panels (much like other Cityplace tower)~

Definitely not, and wont.

As stated, it goes off at 10.

Definitely not, and wont.

As stated, it goes off at 10.

Cool, but I'm curios, why do you say definitely ? They can if they want to right ? Like at my building, the condo board really went through a 'we want to pay nothing' period (after the condo fees went up a lot after the first year ... of course, the developer always sets them extremely low, I'm surprised this is such a mystery to people). We got rid flowers, turned off lights ... turned off fountains ...

Cool, but I'm curios, why do you say definitely ? They can if they want to right ? Like at my building, the condo board really went through a 'we want to pay nothing' period (after the condo fees went up a lot after the first year ... of course, the developer always sets them extremely low, I'm surprised this is such a mystery to people). We got rid flowers, turned off lights ... turned off fountains ...

I live there. Our fees have not gone up, and there is no planned increase. Besides, the lighting is part of our public art contribution, and I'm 99% certain maintenance of the feature was included in the purchase agreement.

This is why I have protested art contributions being lighting displays, so many places turn them off so few can enjoy them. Cheap, cheap, cheap.

This is why I have protested art contributions being lighting displays, so many places turn them off so few can enjoy them. Cheap, cheap, cheap.

I think in many cases, as mentioned above, the maintenance is included for a set number of years by the developer, and it's probably quite a while.

But I agree for other reasons, it's just enough for me. Developers should add lighting features on their own whim, public art components should be visible from the ground level at all times of the day ... it can be a light if it has other features - like the lights under the MLS walkway.

...public art components should be visible from the ground level at all times of the day ... it can be a light if it has other features - like the lights under the MLS walkway.

Wouldn't a rule like that completely contradict the whole idea of public art? Isn't that like someone decreeing that all art should be impressionistic watercolour paintings that are hung only in certain galleries? That may be an extreme example, but it illustrates that you cannot set arbitrary (or even non-arbitrary) rules upon the definition of art and still call it "art".

Speaking of public art light displays, I wish they would turn on the little LED (?) lights that are sprinkled across the hillside west of the canoe.... They really turn an otherwise forgettable patch of grassy incline into a lively and whimsical complement to Coupland's kitsch

Wouldn't a rule like that completely contradict the whole idea of public art? Isn't that like someone decreeing that all art should be impressionistic watercolour paintings that are hung only in certain galleries? That may be an extreme example, but it illustrates that you cannot set arbitrary (or even non-arbitrary) rules upon the definition of art and still call it "art".

Speaking of public art light displays, I wish they would turn on the little LED (?) lights that are sprinkled across the hillside west of the canoe.... They really turn an otherwise forgettable patch of grassy incline into a lively and whimsical complement to Coupland's kitsch

Thanks for reminding me! I wanted to find out why they have been turned off. I'll give you an answer as soon as I find out!

May 7 2011 update

Parade 2 continues to rise
IMG_5342.jpg

IMG_5343.jpg

Parade 1 Townhouses - I'm liking how these turned out
IMG_5344.jpg

IMG_5345.jpg

Back