Claick to enlarge

Attachments

• DSC01090.jpg
    DSC01090.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 320
  • DSC01094.jpg
    DSC01094.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 305
Upon seeing all these photos of the CityPlace skyline, it becomes evident that the handling of the rooftop mechanical elements has been overall quite sloppy and disappointing. Glass dominates the towers, except for the afterthoughts on the roofs.

...but it depends upon the angle you see those roofs from. If anything, CityPlace sports some of the most interestingly resolved roofs in the whole city, usually with dramatic glazed walls... 'Afterthought' is the last thing that any of the roofs are there.

so I have no idea why you're ragging on them for that. Most rooftop mechanical levels in TO are boring opaque rectangular boxes.

Those glazed wall roofs are only part of what's on top. Sure, it's common in Toronto to have opaque boxes, but when you see it in such a concentration that it looks worse than average:

dsc02034knh.jpg

With the minor focal points of some of the glass towers, the grey box on top becomes a focal point. And what's with that huge blank wall roof element on Montage? That only looks good when you can see the right (90 degree) angle.

Construction phase 2 will start as early next fall 2010 and it has been sold around 60%. This is what sales agent told me today. He also mentioned sales were very good last two months because so many people has attracted the new park area facing at those two building.

CityPlace buildings are like tumors in that they just keep getting bigger and bigger at a quick pace.

baaahhah....I agree,this area had potential for some creative designs but all these towers look like office buildings.I hope Spadina isnt the only entrance to these buildings because if it finally get all sold the traffic mayhem will be unbearable.The only saving grace for this project is the "green space" if they screw up on that design this will be the most disappointing project ever for the downtown condo scene.

Those glazed wall roofs are only part of what's on top. Sure, it's common in Toronto to have opaque boxes, but when you see it in such a concentration that it looks worse than average:

Imo only Luna's looks really bad, talk about a complete mismatch.
The others are rather unique and add something interesting. Take N1, the only thing interesting about that building is the roof top, otherwise its a complete bore.

I hope Spadina isnt the only entrance to these buildings because if it finally get all sold the traffic mayhem will be unbearable..

There are several site plans WAAAAY back in the thread and, in addition to Spadina, there will be access from the south (from Lakeshore) and from the west as Bremner Blvd will join Bathurst and continue further west, as Fort York Blvd.

June 26

Sobby open on June 26 and a small place, but the right size for the area.

IMG_june-26-09-0145.JPG

IMG_june-26-09-0146.JPG

IMG_june-26-09-0154.JPG

IMG_june-26-09-0155.JPG

IMG_june-26-09-0158.JPG

IMG_june-26-09-0159.JPG

IMG_june-26-09-0160.JPG

IMG_june-26-09-0161.JPG

IMG_june-26-09-0163.JPG

Back