Toronto Parade at Concord CityPlace | 127.4m | 44s | Concord Adex | P + S / IBI

4th July 2009 photo update

dsc00541n.jpg

dsc00528vsn.jpg

dsc00522gls.jpg

that brick is hilarious. I hoped they wouldn't cheap out on this building as it was marketed as an upscale type building.

that brick is hilarious. I hoped they wouldn't cheap out on this building as it was marketed as an upscale type building.

So precast that looks like (or not at all like) stone is for upscale condo projects, but patterned precast with a brick or horizontal-line effect is considered cheap and low-class? I just have to challenge that simplistic type of thinking about how a modernist building presents itself.

So precast that looks like (or not at all like) stone is for upscale condo projects, but patterned precast with a brick or horizontal-line effect is considered cheap and low-class? I just have to challenge that simplistic type of thinking about how a modernist building presents itself.
You're putting words in my mouth.

I think faux brick looks ugly and cheap...just my opinion.

I don't meant to put words in your mouth. The pattern on PARADE is not imitating brick though. It's just horizontal lines as far as I know.

I don't meant to put words in your mouth. The pattern on PARADE is not imitating brick though. It's just horizontal lines as far as I know.
It looks like brick to me and the renders made it look like brick. Regardless, I don't like it.

cheap out or value?

Firstly thanks for the pictures. Amazing how fast PCL pushes these towers to completion.
with respect to Concord Adex cheaping out -- i beg to differ. they are delivering a production type condo, with great amenities at affordable prices. wait until the park is built, the commercial space is occupied and the whole development feels like a community. this will be a great place to live and will prove to be a great investment.
i have seen the same trend with their mega project in vancouver.

Back