Toronto Parade at Concord CityPlace | 127.4m | 44s | Concord Adex | P + S / IBI

Here's the new "extension" I saw. If it's not the start Parade 2 or at least P3 level of Parade 2, any ideas what that is?

sorry for the poor quality (phone camera)

I have a question to the experts. Pic#3 shows that the southern parking levels 1-3 walled-up. Why is that? To manage traffic flow?

Extension2.jpg
Extension.jpg

SP_A0074.jpg

I expect to see footings dug or piles being driven throughout the site.

I have a question to the experts. Pic#3 shows that the southern parking levels 1-3 walled-up. Why is that? To manage traffic flow?

Only someone connected to the project would know for certain, I guess. It does however appear that they don't expect to complete the second half of the parkade before this side is occupied. Urbandreamer ain't no fool.

natually I would think there needs to be separation in the parking levels between Parade East (phase 1) and Parade West (phase 2) given the shear size of the property ... for security reasons it would be wise to separate the two garages to limit the 'wander through' traffic and possible theft/damages in parking levels ... I don't think these walls necessarily equate to a big deal for phase 2

Thought about that. I've been in one common garage shared by two corporations and there were no barriers/walls. There was only one garage entrance though and all the amenites were also shared.

but is that complex you (maestro) refer to equalvalent to the scale of the Parade 1+2 project combined? because this development is one MASSIVE complex comprising of 2 very large podiums, 2 midrises, and 2 highrises ...

while I agree typically 2 tower condominiums (which are 2 separate condo corps) do not have separated parking ... but in the case of Parade it is easily twice the size of any typical development out there simply because of the size of property/project ... so I think it is actually wise for Concord Adex to treat the site this way

but is that complex you (maestro) refer to equalvalent to the scale of the Parade 1+2 project combined?

No, but the underground garage easily had 600 spaces in its single level (Parade is 1800 over 3 levels)

Citygate/Solaris/Onyx in Mississauga was the same way. Sections were walled off during construction, until the next building was built. I was always curious if they took down the walls after the construction of the new building was finished. The walls looked really temporary. Maybe it's the same for this.

Don't forget cityplace apex/matrix have separated parking garages even though they are directly adjacent to each other. There's actually a couple of pedestrian passages connecting them.... but cars can't get from one to the other.

Don't forget cityplace apex/matrix have separated parking garages even though they are directly adjacent to each other. There's actually a couple of pedestrian passages connecting them.... but cars can't get from one to the other.

this is exactly what I was thinking of for Parade ... thanks gei

I can't believe they're already putting up the facade on this building!! I can't wait until the whole complex is complete

Back