Toronto Parade at Concord CityPlace | 127.4m | 44s | Concord Adex | P + S / IBI

Huge assets. Period. They have played a big part in Toronto and Canada's sporting history. They're designed by world renown architects (Donald Ross, Rees Jones, and Canadian Stanley Thompson. Basically a who's who of the best that have ever lived). It's no different than having a building designed by a Gehry or a Libeskind or whatever other starchitect you want to throw out there. They're recreational facilities. They're features that make the city more attractive for big business. People come to Toronto just to golf at these courses. As I already said, a place like St George's is one of the top courses in the world. That's a big deal. I can't help it if you don't respect the sport and can't wrap your head around these facts.

I'm so important cause i play golf, I 'm super special.
Good for you buddy, Were happy for you. !!
I respect golf. I know how difficult it is, I can even wrap my little brain, around your impotence and thus your need for it.:p
I just don't think it matters to any one but golfers. People go to Arizona and Florida to golf, not Toronto. Your attitude is inherent in the sport, self important jerks who can't get it up anymore, so they parade around their elitist encampment, to show their disdain for the commoners, who can't play your game, cause they can't afford it!!!!:mad:
That's what you bring to the community?
Play your game , no one cares, just don't be offended, by us little brained people, who would rather see the land used for other purposes.
(Fun is not to be had , in a club house full, half drunk, naked well to do's, Breathing their single malt scotch, in the face of every 17 year old waitress who serves them, cause real woman don't hang out, at bars full of lonely diaper wearing, geriatrics with inflated ego's cause they shot a 78 today. ) :rolleyes:
P.S. Allinfun Buddy.

I worked for a guy, who owned a liquor store, and when him and his golf buddies got drunk, and started telling stories....your ears would burn. Not a reflection on all golfers I'm sure, but..........;)

I'm so important cause i play golf, I 'm super special.
Good for you buddy, Were happy for you. !!
I respect golf. I know how difficult it is, I can even wrap my little brain, around your impotence and thus your need for it.:p
I just don't think it matters to any one but golfers. People go to Arizona and Florida to golf, not Toronto. Your attitude is inherent in the sport, self important jerks who can't get it up anymore, so they parade around their elitist encampment, to show their disdain for the commoners, who can't play your game, cause they can't afford it!!!!:mad:
That's what you bring to the community?
Play your game , no one cares, just don't be offended, by us little brained people, who would rather see the land used for other purposes.
(Fun is not to be had , in a club house full, half drunk, naked well to do's, Breathing their single malt scotch, in the face of every 17 year old waitress who serves them, cause real woman don't hang out, at bars full of lonely diaper wearing, geriatrics with inflated ego's cause they shot a 78 today. ) :rolleyes:
P.S. Allinfun Buddy.
Well first, I'm a 25 year old unemployed recent masters grad from one of the poorest cities in the province. But thanks for trying to assume you know me.
Second, if that didn't infer enough, golf isn't a rich man's sport. Sure it has that cliche attached to it (which you've bought hook line and sinker), but there are 350,000 golfers that are members at a course somewhere, and probably a few million recreational/non-members across the country. They're all CEOs, I'm sure.
Third, I provided a great argument for why they're important. All you've provided is cliches about a sport you don't like. I'm sure if you didn't like art you'd suggest the AGO should be torn down and a condo put in its place too, right?
Fourth, golf tourism is a massive part of the tourism sector in southern ontario. If you need stats, I'll gladly get those for you, but I can tell you from experience that golf clubs are a norm to find on any plane's cargo in the summer (I worked for both the Ministry of Tourism and Porter Airlines, so I know a thing or two about this).

I worked for a guy, who owned a liquor store, and when him and his golf buddies got drunk, and started telling stories....your ears would burn. Not a reflection on all golfers I'm sure, but..........;)
I played Junior hockey. I'm sure the tales you'll tell were ones I heard playing Peewee.

Oh and mods, sorry for taking this thread away from its purpose. If you want to start up a new thread about golf courses in the city and move those there, I'm fine with that.

Last edited:
Look , I'm not saying no one golfs in Toronto, or Canada, but people usually fly south to golf. I've heard of a million golf trips in my life, and it's Hawaii, Georgia, Carolina's, California, etc..... People plan trips to Canada to fish and then.... take in a round of golf.
99% of the people i talk to say," I was up there once /bunch of times, we were fishing in _______. "
People also fish in Texas/Arizona/California, in between golf games. You can ski in Dubai, you don't go to Dubai to ski.
Of course I am generalizing, and over simplifying.
Minnesota, Illinois, New York etc.are littered with great courses, you can find great courses anywhere, again I respest golf.... golf away!!!!
My whole point is, I love City Place. This development, is a great addition to the city, putt putt had to go.

Last edited:
Look , I'm not saying no one golfs in Toronto, or Canada, but people usually fly south to golf. I've heard of a million golf trips in my life, and it's Hawaii, Georgia, Carolina's, California, etc..... People plan trips to Canada to fish and then.... take in a round of golf.
99% of the people i talk to say," I was up there once /bunch of times, we were fishing in _______. "
People also fish in Texas/Arizona/California, in between golf games. You can ski in Dubai, you don't go to Dubai to ski.
Of course I am generalizing, and over simplifying.
Minnesota, Illinois, New York etc.are littered with great courses, you can find great courses anywhere, again I respest golf.... golf away!!!!
My whole point is, I love City Place. This development, is a great addition to the city, putt putt had to go.

The pitch and putt is one thing. It would have been cool to have downtown (especially with the demographic that is moving into the area) but if it had to go then so be it. But you were suggesting all courses in the city should be eliminated. Seems like you're backtracking now since you don't have much of an argument. ANyways, if you want to debate this further start a new thread. I don't want to distract anymore from the purpose of this thread.

from today
20101204092.jpg

20101204097.jpg

Sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder dude. You don't hear the elitist golfers saying we should close down your trailer parks, or wherever it is that you non-elite people do stuff.

Im i seeing things...on that last pic is that the dig for the Library District condo project..:confused:

I believe the earthworks are preparations for the park (Garrison Creek park if memory serves) which will be located north of the library. Library District Condominiums will be further south, on the north side of Fort York Boulevard.

AHK

Back