Toronto Parade at Concord CityPlace | 127.4m | 44s | Concord Adex | P + S / IBI

Suddenly, from Portland and Wellington CP looks so much more inviting, closer to the real city....

23 December 2010:

dsc00883jz.jpg

Sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder dude. You don't hear the elitist golfers saying we should close down your trailer parks, or wherever it is that you non-elite people do stuff.

I hope that was a joke, because honestly, I agree with jetsbackincanada. Golf courses are a HUGE waste of space. Maybe we should replace them all with virtual golf or something? Maybe even keep a select few world class golf courses to keep the tourists happy.

I don't think it has anything to do with being elite or not. There are plenty of non elite golfers. I am not a big fan, and I come from a family of fairly elitist ivy leaguers, at least educationally speaking and if knowledge is the basis. I have no problem with the game, but granted the space needed certainly takes up more than its share of land when placed in an urban area. Granted some are in parks, but the real problem is that they clear trees, and having a strong canopy in a city, like we do in most areas of Toronto is extremely important. More so, than say getting in a few holes. (no innuendo meant)

I hope that was a joke, because honestly, I agree with jetsbackincanada. Golf courses are a HUGE waste of space. Maybe we should replace them all with virtual golf or something? Maybe even keep a select few world class golf courses to keep the tourists happy.

Maybe we should get rid of all soccer and football fields and baseball diamonds and make them condos with rooms for FIFA and Madden 11 right...?

Maybe we should get rid of all soccer and football fields and baseball diamonds and make them condos with rooms for FIFA and Madden 11 right...?

Shoot you could make 25 baseball parks, 25 football fields and 25 baseball diamonds from the average golf course, ....add a few rinks,..... and still have a driving range:).

I don't think golf is strictly high class, they let a few upper middle class in ...and they will let the lower class clean dishes and mow lawns....

Last edited:

I disagree with you. And yes, it was a joke. I was making fun of our dear Comerade's misdirected class rage.

Cemeteries are a bigger waste of space than golf courses, imo. It would make more sense to empty out Mount Pleasant of its tombstones and convert it into a proper park.

Last edited:
Shoot you could make 25 baseball parks, 25 football fields and 25 baseball diamonds from the average golf course, ....add a few rinks,..... and still have a driving range:).

I don't think golf is strictly high class, they let a few upper middle class in ...and they will let the lower class clean dishes and mow lawns....

Speaking as someone who actually golfs, unlike most of the detractors here, there are certainly courses for the non-elite. It's hardly an exclusive sport anymore. Lots of things take up a lot of space, so why don't we just shut up about the whole thing. Golf isn't going anywhere, and if you don't like it, too bad. It's no good in an urban setting, but other than that Canada's got more land than we know what to do with, so I say build more of 'em.

Recent photo taken Jan 7/11

5339421536_eda4646f33_b.jpg

I can see the curvature on its east side-- excited to see a new cylindrical tower rising. We don't get those too often downtown :)

Back