Toronto Panorama at Concord CityPlace | 96.01m | 28s | Concord Adex | BDP Quadrangle

Floor Count

I visited the cityplace sales office yesterday and was told by the sales rep that this building was allowed a height increase and will now stand at 32 storeys.

23 March 2009 photo update

A good place to view this condo going up without crossing into the "boondocks?" Here:

dsc01628r.jpg

Another thought - could the sales peoples' 32 floors mean no 4th, no 13th, no 14th, no 24th? Cut those out and the top floor would be 32.

I thought I saw someone declare on the forum a while back that the City was no longer going to allow that idiotic number-skipping anymore for fire service reasons, though. Can anyone be definitive about that please?

I believe city documents avoid it, but buildings themselves can do whatever they want with the numbering.
I would like to see the floor skipping stop too, because it's definitely idiotic. The number 13 isn't anymore unlucky than the number 17 or 208. It's just not possible for a number to be unlucky haha. Maybe it can be personally unlucky, but not for everyone in the world.

I guess we'll just have to wait to see how tall this one ends up. I'd say 28 is what it will be though.

I believe city documents avoid it, but buildings themselves can do whatever they want with the numbering.

I don't fully understand what you mean but I think you are wrong. Clearly the City has control - with the OMB in the background - as to how many floors a building may have - but not how they are actually numbered - and street numbering also follows City policies. Each lot - even if not built on - is assigned a street address. Sometimes a building may be built on a lot or lots with several street numbers and it that case the developer can request that a 'memorable' one be used. e.g. If a lot(s) has been assigned numbers 94-102 Any Street then the developer can select 100 as the number of the building.
I agree with you and others that 'floor number skipping" is confusing and strange but I bet that units on Floor 13 would be sold at a lower price than those on 12 or 14, strange but....

Last edited:
DSC, if you read the previous several posts, you'll see that we are only talking about skipping numbers in floor numbering schemes.

Still wondering if someone here knows specifically if City Hall has put an end to the practice of skipping floor numbers.

There has been no stop on floor skipping. It doesn't cause any problems for fire services. Every building has a fire safety plan by law that fire services look at before entering. The plan contains everything they need to know and the location of all the life support systems. Skipping a floor wouldn't make it any more confusing than it would be with that floor in place. Firefighters can still use the elevator, and every floor must be marked in the stairwell.

As for city documents and purposes, all floors are counted.

Last edited:
...and for our thread titles as well.

If Tuscani is right, and floor-skipping continues, then I still say my theory about this being a 28 storey building missing floors 4, 13, 14, and 24, is what makes this a 32 floor building for sales dopes.

28 storeys - confirmed

as noted in the City's Building Permit Application Status website:

Application: Building Additions/Alterations
Application#: 08 225738 BLD 00 BA
Issued Date: Feb 19, 2009
Project: Apartment Building Other(BA)

Description: Proposal for partial permit to 28 storey condominium for building envelope as per Wade Tam. Please see related building permit 07-238470.

as noted in the City's Building Permit Application Status website:

Application: Building Additions/Alterations
Application#: 08 225738 BLD 00 BA
Issued Date: Feb 19, 2009
Project: Apartment Building Other(BA)

Description: Proposal for partial permit to 28 storey condominium for building envelope as per Wade Tam. Please see related building permit 07-238470.

Yup, I covered that as per above, Solaris.

...and for our thread titles as well.

If Tuscani is right, and floor-skipping continues, then I still say my theory about this being a 28 storey building missing floors 4, 13, 14, and 24, is what makes this a 32 floor building for sales dopes.

Look at the elevator

IMG_March_28_09-0143.jpg

IMG_March_28_09-0142.jpg

IMG_March_28_09-0141.jpg

IMG_March_28_09-0140.jpg

IMG_March_28_09-0135.jpg

IMG_March_28_09-0130.jpg

IMG_March_28_09-0183.jpg

Back