Toronto Pace Condos | 146.3m | 42s | Great Gulf | Diamond Schmitt

Dundas East desperately needs this building to start its transformation. There is no reason why this shouldn't be a great street with it's fantastic location.

I agree. I was down there this weekend in the afternoon and felt uncomfortable.
there are a lot of bad elements in the area and it needs work.

can't recall what the prices were for this project.

Agreed. I live in across the street from pace and was really surprised how sketchy the location is give it's proximity to dundas sq

Pace was priced and the units were sized to make them perfect for investors to rent out to Ryerson students. Not exclusively, but mostly.

I like these development but I don't see why they'll make the area better per say ... I do agree with the comments, I go by every once on a while on foot / bike ... its not terrible at all ... uncomfortable is the correct word. Quite a few homeless, which by far and large are OK / nice to be honest ... but other more sketchy folks.

Anyway, the reasons for this are the many shelters in the area, new folks won't change that will it ?

There was a sketchy plaza on the site previously, with a mostly empty and darkened parking lot on the corner. Now there's going to be "eyes on the street", and the corner should have less of a feeling of being an urban afterthought.

The many shelters don't help, but at least having new folks in the area should change the feeling of the area somewhat. Jarvis north of Carlton was improved immensely when Radio City opened up, now Pace might have a similar impact around Dundas (one might hope)

I think the land becomes more valuable when condos start to come in, and eventually those shelters will move somewhere else. For too long now this area has been underdeveloped and not appreciated, due to the amount of social housing and shelters. It's time for that to change.

More middle class residents will attract more upscale retail and restaurants to service them. Of course it will make a huge difference. The neighbourhood will become a lot more diverse. With more middle class people walking around, the more timid among us, won't feel so threatened. It will soon start to feel like any other part of this scruffy city. The same thing is happening in Regent Park. It's a lot less intimidating than it used to be. All the crack dealers seem to have moved on. (probably to Yorkville where the profits are higher)

More middle class residents will attract more upscale retail and restaurants to service them. Of course it will make a huge difference. The neighbourhood will become a lot more diverse. With more middle class people walking around, the more timid among us, won't feel so threatened. It will soon start to feel like any other part of this scruffy city. The same thing is happening in Regent Park. It's a lot less intimidating than it used to be. All the crack dealers seem to have moved on. (probably to Yorkville where the profits are higher)
Or Etobicoke ;) Haha.

IMG_3310.jpg

IMG_3312.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3310.jpg
    IMG_3310.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 1,841
  • IMG_3312.jpg
    IMG_3312.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 1,841
^ Love the first photo! The parking lot looks massive from this angle - it probably is judging by the number of parking spots.

Back