Toronto Pace Condos | 146.3m | 42s | Great Gulf | Diamond Schmitt

From the report:

In response to comments made at the Community Working Group, the architect further articulated the eastern and western elevations and used coloured spandrel glass to effectively break up the massing.

I hope we're not counting grey as a colour now.

155 DUNDAS ST E
Site Plan Approval 12 104231 STE 27 SA Ward 27
- Tor & E.York Jan 10, 2012 Application Submitted Jan 10, 2012 --- Cescato, Giulio
416-392-0459
Site plan approval application for the construction of a new mixed use building with retail at grade. It will have 384 residential units with 5 levels of below grade parking. The building is proposed to be a 43 storey building including a 6 storey podium. - 72 Parking Spaces

Nice! Sounds like a spring construction start. The sooner, the better!

Rumours from the 'hood is that the SE corner of Dundas/Jarvis may be next for a condo redevelopment.

Nice! Sounds like a spring construction start. The sooner, the better!

Rumours from the 'hood is that the SE corner of Dundas/Jarvis may be next for a condo redevelopment.

You mean "Hoo-lee-Chow"? That will be superb. Actually the building itself looks OK, but I don't understand why the owner would be stupid enough to paint the first floor in cheap white, which makes it instantly from decent to disgusting.

Hopefully something more interesting than just 40 storey condominiums will happen there. Dundas East is so undervalued.

Last edited:
I think there is an extant thread on this project but couldn't find it. Here is the TEYCC Nov 2 Meeting Final report:

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2011/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-41729.pdf

AoD

What is interesting about this report is that the initial plan was to build 417 units (409 one bedroom and 9 studios). Now the plan changed significantly to 236 one-bedrooms, 139 two-bedrooms and 9 studios, which is nice.

There are still two empty lots on Dundas East between Church and Bond St. And the two miserable two/three storey house in between should be ready for developed as well. I have a feeling this area will be vastly different in a few years.

Application: Partial Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5B 1E4

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 12 115962 SHO 00 PP Accepted Date: Feb 2, 2012

Project: Mixed Use/Res w Non Res Partial Permit - Shoring

Description: Part Permit - Proposal to construction a new mixed use building with retail at grade. It will have 384 residential units with 6 levels of below grade parking. The building is proposed to be a 43 storey building including a 6 storey podium.

everyone knows that area can't wait!

Pace.jpg

this is what the site looks now. the strip mall is gone!

Attachments

• Pace.jpg
    Pace.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 434
This condo development sold extremely well and yet, it's been over six months since we've heard anything about it. They have the permit to start digging so why would Great Gulf just let this site sit there and do nothing? The only thing I can surmise it that they are working on buying the rest of the block, which is in dreadful shape. Then they can make this large development, even bigger. One piece of good news is that right across the road (on the east side of Jarvis) the new Tim Horton's has opened and seems to be doing well. Now we wait for the west side to get things started. (both south and north of Dundas) There is no reason why Dundas East should remain such a degraded street. It's got an amazing location, so it's just a matter of time before things really take off.

Come on Great Gulf, get your ass moving!

Last edited:

Back