Mississauga Oro at Edge Towers | ?m | 50s | Solmar | Rosario Varacalli

Nice to finally see ground being broken here. It's about time.

April 06
There is no hurry to get the first tower built
47504481732_fe5207ecbf_b.jpg

47504483982_6d765aa569_b.jpg

47557398191_1c4bbd232d_b.jpg

47557399881_710c3fbdb7_b.jpg

47504493422_680977a11f_b.jpg

47557400431_1a8be5fc77_b.jpg

Did they really make the third tower the same height as the second one? I hope that the third tower in that video is just a placeholder and the real design is taller than that, because that looks awful.

The entire scheme is awful, the first tower is a watered-down shadow of the original, while the remaining towers have abandoned any pretense of architectural design and are simply been designed to be as economic as possible.

IMO, I would abandon the setbacks on the first tower as it's a stranded design element now.

The entire scheme is awful, the first tower is a watered-down shadow of the original, while the remaining towers have abandoned any pretense of architectural design and are simply been designed to be as economic as possible.

IMO, I would abandon the setbacks on the first tower as it's a stranded design element now.

Honestly, this whole project has been a total gong show. If it were me, I would not want to have my name next to this dumpster fire, especially in a Mississauga that is certainly developing a taste for more dynamic architecture. It has strayed so far from what was originally planned, and even what got approved by the city. But, to be fair, it would be hard to expect anything like the previous designs from Solmar anyway, considering most of their portfolio is detached homes and cheap postmodern condos.

Edge went from this (really interesting and inspired futuristic design, but needed refinement):
ELM8-VIEW_zpsebbbb007.png

To this (less ambitious, but still sleek and has a modern gothic vibe, which was what was approved in the first place):
2016_05_13_04_45_30_solmar_edge_rendering.jpg

Next, to this (still keeping the same vibe but more economic, fit with it finally going to sales):
yHl9dXq.jpg

...and finally, to this, looking more like a modern Moscow apartment complex (maybe they should change their name to Башни край now):
2-edge-towers-png.187153

Last edited:
Honestly, this whole project has been a total gong show. If it were me, I would not want to have my name next to this dumpster fire, especially in a Mississauga that is certainly developing a taste for more dynamic architecture. It has strayed so far from what was originally planned, and even what got approved by the city. But, to be fair, it would be hard to expect anything like the previous designs from Solmar anyway, considering most of their portfolio is detached homes and cheap postmodern condos.

Completely agree. This final iteration is just a slap in the face to everyone from purchasers, the city, and the public. Ridiculous.

I hope they go out of business in the next few years before this gets completed so we can see something better built here.

Completely agree. This final iteration is just a slap in the face to everyone from purchasers, the city, and the public. Ridiculous.

I hope they go out of business in the next few years before this gets completed so we can see something better built here.

Absolutely. If I were a purchaser here, I would not be happy at all. Solmar has been extremely deceptive. They still use the old images on their site as well, which is ridiculous.

Solmar.PNG

June 19
Had a quick look at the site tonight on my way home, a hole is being dug.

There is no shoring for the site, with sloping land to the hole. There was next to no work on the site before I left on my trip in May. Not going to be hole dug fast by other developers and looks like they are down 10' at this time.

Last edited:
With more interesting project in the vicinity around Square One, I doubt if sellers are rushing to buy these watered-down designed projects.
I hope they cancel the projects and sell the land to another developer

Back