Toronto Ontario Place | ?m | ?s | Infrastructure ON

Wow, I'd totally forgot about the water ride! I remember being so amazed with Ontario Place...the Imax theatre, and Lego Land was there at some point as well.

That is so sad to see. I need to make a call to Glen Murray's office, tomorrow, to complain. I know it doesn't do any good but I need to vent. Is the Ontario government doing what developers do, which is let the place deteriorate to the point that it is declared unrepairable? Then they can tear it all down and not have to worry about spending cash to fix it up. I wouldn't be surprised to see them break their promise to make Ontario Place a great attraction again but I would be disgusted by it.

Definitely very sad, loved it as a kid as well, the log ride was my favourite.

However I am a huge fan of urban decay, and this looks like it has become an Instagram daydream. I know how I will be spending my next day off

Definitely very sad, loved it as a kid as well, the log ride was my favourite.

However I am a huge fan of urban decay, and this looks like it has become an Instagram daydream. I know how I will be spending my next day off

Amen.
I'd love to snoop around with my camera soon.

Last edited:
Give us a land of lakes and a land of snow
And we will build Ontario,

A place to stand! A place to grow! Ontar-ee-air--ee-air-ee-oo

Ring any bells?

My first memory was seeing "North of Superior" on the Imax screen. Back then the experience was mind-blowing--there was nothing like it in the world. Combine that with the CN Tower rising upwards, the shiny new bank towers... Toronto was killing it back then. Obviously the city has improved in many areas, but today the triumphs are smaller and more local in nature.
There's just so much more competition now when it comes to the world-classy stuff.

I remember catching the same film, back when it was brand new. And yes, it was very impressive. Funny to look back and remember Toronto as seeming so big-city at the time.

I just heard on CBC Metro Morning that the park won't open until the fall of this year rather than this summer.

Looking at the current state of construction I would be surprised if the park opens this year.

IMG_2532.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2532.jpg
    IMG_2532.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,694

Back