Toronto Ontario Place | ?m | ?s | Infrastructure ON

Yes, residential would be terrible. We'd have noise complaints in no time.

There are so many better areas for residential. We are pretty much planning on residential uses in our entire waterfront.

From August 1:

DSC04314.jpg
DSC04315.jpg

Attachments

• DSC04314.jpg
    DSC04314.jpg
    326.7 KB · Views: 1,744
  • DSC04315.jpg
    DSC04315.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 1,737
I'm getting tired of waiting to find out what the government is going to do with Ontario Place. Sure, new landscaping on the eastern parking lot is good but what about the attractions, Imax Theatre and the floating pods? When will the whole park open to the general public? It's been way too long. Anyway, I made a video about the topic and I included footage of the construction going on there right now. (for the new landscaping)

I want Ontario Place renovated, improved and opened so I can enjoy that beautiful, iconic park. So many people on this site praise glass boxes, of which we have so many but yet they ignore this one of a kind park with amazing architecture. This is one of the few places in Toronto that is unique and iconic, yet it sits mostly ignored. (including by many on this site)

What a strange city we live in!

This is the sort of thing that would be sped up if we were hosting the Olympics. There's no hard deadline for this so the provincial government is taking their sweet time.

... Or maybe not. The new park on the eastern side was supposed to be finished last Spring in time for the PanAm Games. It's now expected to be complete next Spring instead.

The last I heard, the Provincial government had acknowledged that they had heard loud and clear that Torontonians didn't want them to touch the pods and Cinesphere and they're now protected in the plan going forward.

... Or maybe not. The new park on the eastern side was supposed to be finished last Spring in time for the PanAm Games. It's now expected to be complete next Spring instead.

The last I heard, the Provincial government had acknowledged that they had heard loud and clear that Torontonians didn't want them to touch the pods and Cinesphere and they're now protected in the plan going forward.

The Park got delayed because of the provincial election - it interrupted the tender call.

AoD

I attended a lecture by Morah Fenning, the Assistant Deputy Minister of Tourism, Planning and Operations, and therefore in charge of OP revitalization. She said that plans were halted when the Wynne government decided to call an election. The thinking was that any grand scheme would be changed if the government fell, which looked quite likely, resulting in a loss of time and money. The bureaucracy decided that moving forward on something on which almost everyone could agree - the lakefront park - was the most efficient use of resources in case of a government change. They are now working on a larger plan.

How can this government just keep us all in the dark for so long, about the fate of Ontario Place? It sits there just rotting away while nobody does anything except plant a few more tress and grass. What the hell is going on?

Back