Toronto Ontario Line: King-Bathurst Station | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | HDR

Pictures of two new activities today. First of all, Clifford Masonry (the folks in the green hard hats) has started on site working on preservation of the building walls. Not sure as to whether (or how much) of the exterior walls are to be preserved on site, or panelized and taken for off site storage during the construction, to be reinstalled later. (The Banknote building on the south side of the street is to have the King Street facade preserved in place with a bracing system, the west wall is to be demolished with the bricks saved - it is in such poor shape the wall itself could not be saved, while the other two walls are to be panelized and stored off site. My initial understanding was that panelization is to be used for the north buildings - should have clarification soon).

The second photo is the backup generator just removed from the main building - while old, it is apparently in good condition, not too many hours, and has been sold to a new user.

20230914_114744.jpg

1000000997.jpg

Are they saving 662 and 668 King St W's walls? Both buildings are important I think, adding a lot of warmth to that side of the street.

Are they saving 662 and 668 King St W's walls? Both buildings are important I think, adding a lot of warmth to that side of the street.
Yes - the front and both side walls are to be saved. Clifford Masonry is now working on panelization of the walls in preparation for their storage off-site during construction of the King-Bathurst station.

Back from four weeks travelling - it is a bit disappointing how slow the progress appears to be here - more windows out on the 663 King Street West building, and new sidewalk hoarding to provide better pedestrian protection around the buildings on both sides of King Street at Bathurst. But walking by on my Saturday morning coffee run, did see that the former building housing the EFS nightclub has gone.

20231021_090748.jpg

1000001981.jpg

Back