Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

I agree that perception is the drl is for entitled elitests more than getting the hard working blue colar folk to their jobs efficiently. As long as that is the perception there is a chance thatthis will not be a priority.

The Relief line is not dead if Ford gets it... His brother was "Subways, Subways, Subways " The DRL is a subway.

The LRT lines are in jeopardy precisely because of that, but I doubt any subway is going to get cancelled. Even the 1 stop Scarborough extension would be a go.

My predictions for Toronto
  • He spends the money the Federal Government wants to give Toronto (financial scheme stays in place so he doesn't lose the federal portion)
  • He doesn't hate transit, he hates transit taking car lanes away (LRT & Streetcars), big difference

What gets done
  • RER continues as planned (Funded by multi level of governments and avoids losing suburban vote who supports it)
  • Eglinton Crosstown LRT is too far along (under construction and funded)
  • Finch West LRT (Funded and too far along in planning while Finch West Station even have built in space for the LRT)
What's get funded
  • Relief South gets funded and built $6.8B (no car lanes taken away, check):D
  • Fast tracks Relief Long planning and EA (no car lanes will be taken away, check):D
What gets modified
  • Ford's very critical of Tory's Scarborough plan (Smarttrack, Eglinton East LRT and 1 stop subway). He defers Eglinton East LRT (unfunded), kills Smarttrack and funds the following by reallocating up to $3.7B
  1. Eglinton West LRT gets done (Etobicoke votes) however, expect 100% grade separated. Metrolinx might offer elevated as a solution while he'll want the whole thing buried. Elevated or buried. ~$3.5B -->(no car lanes will be taken away, check):D
  • Add 2 stops to the Scarborough Subway Extension (Lawrence East & McCowan) using what's remaining from the big envelop after funding Relief South -->Eglinton East LRT takes car lanes away, so bad :mad:
*His logic: He will use "fairness argument" to get Relief South (downtown), Eglinton West (Etobicoke), 2 extra stops (Scarborough) and Relief North fast-tracking (North York) done simultaneously

What gets cancelled

• Sheppard East LRT (Will announce a completed Sheppard Subway to both McCowan and Sheppard West in a 2nd PC mandate) Sheppard East LRT takes car lanes away, so bad :mad:

2nd Mandate
  • Relief Long (Toronto-North York) (no car lanes will be taken away, check):D
  • Sheppard Subway (North York - Scarborough) (no car lanes will be taken away, check):D
  • Waterfront LRT (Downtown - Etobicoke) ***will most likely want that one grade separated as well somehow (Only if no car lanes are taken away):confused:o_O
***Logic: Same as above, building Relief Long & and Waterfront LRT will help get Sheppard Subway accepted easier. "fairness argument"

***Federal Government will have the next wave of transit investment
  • Announces Relief West South for 3rd mandate (Makes Sheppard easier to get accepted) (no car lanes will be taken away, check):D

Remains Unfunded
(Sadly, will need a Liberal comeback for those or the city finds a way to pay for it)
  • Eglinton East LRT takes car lanes away, so bad :mad:
  • Jane LRT takes car lanes away, so bad :mad:

Last edited:
My predictions for Toronto
  • He spends the money the Federal Government wants to give Toronto (financial scheme stays in place so he doesn't lose the federal portion)
  • He doesn't hate transit, he hates transit taking car lanes away (LRT & Streetcars), big difference

What gets done
  • RER continues as planned (Funded by multi level of governments and avoids losing suburban vote who supports it)
  • Eglinton Crosstown LRT is too far along (under construction and funded)
  • Finch West LRT (Funded and too far along in planning while Finch West Station even have built in space for the LRT)
What's get funded
  • Relief South gets funded and built (Political suicide to backtrack on that) $6.8B
  • Fast tracks Relief Long planning and EA
What gets modified
  • Ford's very critical of Tory's Scarborough plan (Smarttrack, Eglinton East LRT and 1 stop subway). He kills Eglinton East LRT (unfunded), kills Smarttrack and funds the following by reallocating up to $3.7B
  1. Eglinton West LRT gets done (Etobicoke votes) however, expect 100% grade separated. Metrolinx might offer elevated as a solution while he'll want the whole thing buried. Elevated or buried. ~$3.5B
  • Add 2 stops to the Scarborough Subway Extension (Lawrence East & McCowan) using what's remaining from the big envelop after funding Relief South
*His logic: He will use "fairness argument" to get Relief South (downtown), Eglinton West (Etobicoke), 2 extra stops (Scarborough) and Relief North fast-tracking (North York) done simultaneously

What gets cancelled

• Sheppard East LRT (Will announce a completed Sheppard Subway to both McCowan and Sheppard West in a 2nd PC mandate)

2nd Mandate
  • Relief Long (Toronto-North York)
  • Sheppard Subway (North York - Scarborough)
  • Waterfront LRT (Downtown - Etobicoke) ***will most likely want that one grade separated as well somehow
***Logic: Same as above, building Relief Long & and Waterfront LRT will help get Sheppard Subway accepted easier. "fairness argument"

***Federal Government will have the next wave of transit investment
  • Announces Relief West South for 3rd mandate (Makes Sheppard easier to swallow)

Remains Unfunded
(Sadly, will need a Liberal comeback for those or the city finds a way to pay for it)
  • Eglinton East LRT
  • Jane LRT
Good analysis. You missed Yonge North subway extension, which I believe will get funded asap.

Good analysis. You missed Yonge North subway extension, which I believe will get funded asap.
It will get funded but I could see the city make their case that YNSE can only open with Relief Long. I could see him fast-track Relief North so it could be delivered faster like Brown had proposed in his platform. Metrolinx has the lead for Relief North

This is a very optimistic subway thread for pc voters. Now what if nothing gets built. In that world would any of you ford supporters regret your vote

Eglinton West LRT gets done (Etobicoke votes) however, expect 100% grade separated. Metrolinx might offer elevated as a solution while he'll want the whole thing buried. Elevated or buried. ~$3.5B -->(no car lanes will be taken away, check)

Nitpick: Isn't Eglinton West an ST project with no provincial funding? So nothing to cancel.

But - would he intervene in a city project that he's opposed to? I suspect not, but he might use it to slag Tory generally.

- Paul

What about adding extra lanes to replace the ones that are lost so there are no losses of car lanes.

It would have been easy if somebody and his brother hadn't sold off the land that those townhomes on the north side got built on.

- Paul

Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 3.50.16 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 3.50.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 3.50.16 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 472
I'm all in favour of
It would have been easy if somebody and his brother hadn't sold off the land that those townhomes on the north side got built on.

- Paul

View attachment 138254

I'm all in favour of the Eglinton West LRT running right down the middle. It's a poetic "fuck you" to the suburban drivers in the heart of Ford country.

Back