Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

Tearing down the Gardiner Expressway (pillars and retaining walls) should help.
Wouldn't that make it worse? That old plan meant building a new artery to connect with Front Street north of the track. Which would likely get in the way of the Ontario line platforms. Besides, everything south of the platforms/tracks is Exhibition grounds or the streetcar loop - so they'd have to take that away one way or another ...

Tearing down the Gardiner Expressway (pillars and retaining walls) should help.
😄 😄 :eek:
Why tear it down when the Gardiner, DVP and 404 can host a new surface train line? Quadtracked for posterity.

and about the wwlrt extension.

What makes you think that project is on anyones minds? or even why its even relevant here.

Yes the number of go tracks are less than ideal, just like in leslieville but why bring up wwlrt?
The waterfront west is just extending the south side of the streetcar loop towards dufferin that project isnt even close the being affected,

I would actually argue a small extension of the ontario line to Dufferin is actually a better idea once the OL is complete

It’s a straight walk across the platform in one direction that shaves 4.5 minutes off the same trip as it was envisioned on the Ontario Line’s predecessor, the Relief Line. That’s a key reason for building the transit above ground, he said.
Four-and-a-half minutes on a 20-minute journey is a large proportion,” said Verster.

I thought that possibility of cross-platform transfer no longer exist, with the realignment of the OL tracks.

AoD

I thought that possibility of cross-platform transfer no longer exist, with the realignment of the OL tracks.

AoD
No, however transfers are still going to be 2 short stairs, basically imagine being in Dupont or any side platform station, and switching from platform to the other. Compared to the original DRL plan it is still extremely short.

No, however transfers are still going to be 2 short stairs, basically imagine being in Dupont or any side platform station, and switching from platform to the other. Compared to the original DRL plan it is still extremely short.

That's not what he Verster has said in that article.

AoD

You could make it from Eastern and Broadview to Bayview and Lawren Harris Sq in 10 minutes, but you'd have to walk at a pretty fast pace. Definitely faster than their theoretical person who can only make it from Berkeley to Cherry in 10 minutes. You could make into the northern tip of Corktown Common within their 10 minute window, but there's nothing good in that corner of the park.

They could build a pedestrian bridge straight across into Corktown Common, which makes it like a 3-4 minute walk :)

What’s this?

thestar.com https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...mes-jobs-and-an-ontario-line-transit-hub.html

Metrolinx is also rebuilding a pedestrian bridge to connect East Harbour with the west side of the Don to make it easy for the community to get into the station and the site, he said.
Does anyone know where this bridge is? Is it the one that you can see from the Don trail that has always been blocked off? That would definitely mean you could walk to Corktown Common and River City / West Donlands in less than 10 minutes.

^ Is that not a mistake in the article? I don't think they are rebuilding any bridge rather they are adding one. Note: this was provided before they switched to OL on one side.

1623032037526.png

AoD

Yea I'm surprised he doesn't know this. Oh wait unless they plan on running the trains the opposite side of the track?

^ Is that not a mistake in the article? I don't think they are rebuilding any bridge rather they are adding one. Note: this was provided before they switched to OL on one side.

I think they mean the sidewalk on Eastern. They'd make a separate bridge instead.

Last edited:

Back