Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

It depends which part of Corktown. (parts of which would be closer to the station near Parliament and King). In particularly I was thinking of Corktown Common - which surely is in the walking distance, unless they've changed the station design without telling anyone.
You could make it from Eastern and Broadview to Bayview and Lawren Harris Sq in 10 minutes, but you'd have to walk at a pretty fast pace. Definitely faster than their theoretical person who can only make it from Berkeley to Cherry in 10 minutes. You could make into the northern tip of Corktown Common within their 10 minute window, but there's nothing good in that corner of the park.

They could build a pedestrian bridge straight across into Corktown Common, which makes it like a 3-4 minute walk :)

Link the report:

I don't know what alignment study these folks were using, but they have at least two stations in the wrong locations. King/Bathurst shows a north-south tunnel alignment that has been changed in current designs. The obvious errors in so recent a document cannot be explained by timing, only by incompetence.

Actually in that presentation the alignment is in the wrong place on nearly every slide, often in places it was never imagined. Is this the product of someone day drinking in their pajamas? I could have drawn a more accurate diagram from memory here on the other side of the world.

Actually in that presentation the alignment is in the wrong place on nearly every slide, often in places it was never imagined. Is this the product of someone day drinking in their pajamas? I could have drawn a more accurate diagram from memory here on the other side of the world.
When I see things like that where the "look" is very professional, but the content is way off the mark, I can't help wondering if there is a very misguided client and an equally misguided professional planner, or just a fan who is good at assembling images, The problem is that this type of thing "escapes" and shows up in the hands of people who don't know any better.

Still missing the Water Front West LRT connection.
The work happening at Exhibition is the least transparent of all works I have ever seen. How many Lakeshore tracks will be supported, is there allowance for the LRT to continue west, what is target floorplan of this building, etc. They call it early works... but from what has been shared it seems like premature works.

The work happening at Exhibition is the least transparent of all works I have ever seen. How many Lakeshore tracks will be supported, is there allowance for the LRT to continue west, what is target floorplan of this building, etc. They call it early works... but from what has been shared it seems like premature works.
4 tracks, and something i want to draw attention to. in the ontario line video meeting for the exhibition area someone asked about platform transfers to the Go trains, and the presenters mentioned that ALL GO trains will stop at exhibition.
If you take a look at this image, you can see how with a new center platform and a shared OL platform will fit into the empty space when they shift the current tracks upwards by a few feet

1622867561891.png

There really isnt going to be a "station building" building per se, as far as i can tell i believe theyre just using the current pedestrian tunnels. There looks to be a small new building to connect to the current tunnels though

So that leaves the waterfront west which is in complete limbo and has 0 relation to the ontario line/GO transit expansion project at exhibition

Before the Ontario Line they had determined that they needed 5 tracks in the area plus allowing for a possibly a roadway, and when they were looking at Waterfront West LRT alignments they were protecting for 5 tracks as well. I must admit that I'm concerned that we are setting limits to the ability to offer express services in the corridor by hemming in both Lakeshore East and West and forcing them to stay 4 tracks in perpetuity. What is the future of VIA? Only off-peak trains?

Before the Ontario Line they had determined that they needed 5 tracks in the area plus allowing for a possibly a roadway, and when they were looking at Waterfront West LRT alignments they were protecting for 5 tracks as well. I must admit that I'm concerned that we are setting limits to the ability to offer express services in the corridor by hemming in both Lakeshore East and West and forcing them to stay 4 tracks in perpetuity. What is the future of VIA? Only off-peak trains?
If you go back further, you will see that GO had determined that they'd ultimately need 6 mainline tracks through there - the new Dufferin bridge is going to be built (whenever that happens) with clearance for that many.

Building an island platform and a subway station in that same space is going to make it difficult to plan for that future. Which may be why they're now looking at building these additional train parking facilities to the east of downtown.

Dan

If you go back further, you will see that GO had determined that they'd ultimately need 6 mainline tracks through there - the new Dufferin bridge is going to be built (whenever that happens) with clearance for that many.

Building an island platform and a subway station in that same space is going to make it difficult to plan for that future. Which may be why they're now looking at building these additional train parking facilities to the east of downtown.

Dan
which ones? are you talking about the don yard expansion? that was in the works long before OL

which ones? are you talking about the don yard expansion? that was in the works long before OL
It the Lakeshore West Line from Exhibition Station to Willowbrook.

When TTC was looking at extending the Waterfront Line from Exhibition westward with the line running along the north side of the corridor where a retaining wall was to be built, the plan show there was going to be 6 tracks in the corridor in place of the current 4. Even other options show 6 tracks.

When Exhibition GO station was to be expanded on the north side, a 5th track was to go in requiring a tunnel under it as well a new access entrance to it as the existing platform was to become a centre platform. You can see where work was done to have a 5th track including a signal mast for it. The tunnel and entrance is too small and one reason why thing stop moving forward until a new design for a larger tunnel and entrance surface.

When you look at the station area, getting a 6th track into it was going to be tight with the existing south side platform becoming a centre one..

It got to be 10 or more years ago when work started to add the 5th track. The earliest photo I have up on Flickr said July 2011 showing work already underway. May have photos before then that haven't been lost by Flickr crashes and loosing them. May have them in my own file folders and not going to look for them.

The OL is going to mess up a lot of plans for the station area and the new road. TTC extension to Dufferin St was at 30% design stage when the OL surface for the area.

Everything was plan before OL surface for the whole corridor..

Before the Ontario Line they had determined that they needed 5 tracks in the area ...
Five tracks, but only 3 platforms, with the fifth track ending just to the west of Exhibition. I thought it was more about cheaply adding a third platform, than a fifth track.

With the current plan, we get 4 platforms and 4 tracks. So the platform issue is solved.

Five tracks, but only 3 platforms, with the fifth track ending just to the west of Exhibition. I thought it was more about cheaply adding a third platform, than a fifth track.

With the current plan, we get 4 platforms and 4 tracks. So the platform issue is solved.
Tearing down the Gardiner Expressway (pillars and retaining walls) should help.
😄 😄 :eek:

Back