Toronto OnePark West | ?m | 13s | Daniels | Core Architects

from yesterday
20110212108.jpg

The changing face of Regent Park, including a few shots inside the tiny townhouse condos. (Near the end of the video)
[video=youtube;J2XmzZWlbdU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2XmzZWlbdU[/video]

Just to compare, here is a look at the revitalization of Cabrini Green, in Chicago.
[video=youtube;75fz6iU8r6k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75fz6iU8r6k[/video]
[video=youtube;lDLq_08inYU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDLq_08inYU[/video]

Last edited:
The snow has gone now of course, but last week there was still some left when we toured development work at Regent Park, including taking a look at One Park West. Here are the pics, scale model shots, and renderings.

From Sackville Street

OnePkW1pano.jpg

Same, from farther south, with aA's Dundas-Sackville Tower for TCHC in front

OnePkWP1200833.jpg

Looking past the townhomes along Cole Street towards One Park West

OnePkWP1200831.jpg

Over rooftops to One Park West

OnePkWP1200829.jpg

Model shots of the 13-storey building. One Park West is designed by Quadrangle Architects.

OnePkWP1200863.jpg

OnePkWP1200864.jpg

The exterior renderings emphasize the park of course: across Sackville Street from the building will be the Park in Regent Park.

OnePkWFull750.jpg

OnePkWCrop750.jpg

Two views up high - first in the party room, then of the penthouse terrace.

OnePkWPartyRm750.jpg

OnePkWPHTerr750.jpg

Modern townhouses that make up part of the One Park West project: none of the Vic-shtick here that plagues so many townhouse projects in Toronto.

OnePkWTowns750.jpg

OnePkWTownsCrop750.jpg

One Park West is just about sold out - 4 suites to go - as it closes in on completion.

From the article on the homepage: Quote: "The Daniels Corporation has mixed market value and subsidized housing here"

I'm confused, are these town-homes, which were built by Daniels (not TCHC) Rental or Condo ? If they are condo how can there be subsidized housing within the same row of town homes ?

It would be interesting to see how these homes look on the inside.

For the existing Regent park tenants being moved into these brand new, in some instances, 5 bedroom town-homes this must seem like winning the lottery.

Last edited:
The actual One Park West Condo seems to accurately reflect the renderings in the diagram. Here's to hoping Paintbox and the Cultural Centre will be as colourful as the renderings as well. Cannot wait until the park starts to develop!

Has anyone noticed the large number of missing balcony glass panels on the south side of One Cole (I think, although I'm not sure of the names of the specific buildings)? The south side alone has at least a dozen missing panes of glass, and the entire complex is surrounded by protective scaffolding on the sidewalk. Are these towers falling victim to the same problem that has plagued Murano and One Bedford?

Has anyone noticed the large number of missing balcony glass panels on the south side of One Cole (I think, although I'm not sure of the names of the specific buildings)? The south side alone has at least a dozen missing panes of glass, and the entire complex is surrounded by protective scaffolding on the sidewalk. Are these towers falling victim to the same problem that has plagued Murano and One Bedford?

Daniels Corp has been doing some kind of emergency pre-emptive inspection of the entire project for the last few weeks due to someone finding an issue on a balcony on the 8th floor of the west building. Apparently, nothing had fallen off, at least not yet.

Peepers, there is mixed market and rental townhomes. They are not however, intermixed in the came complex. The ones next to the condo building are rental units whereas the ones closer to Parliament are ones that were sold to the public. From what I understand only the rental units are under TCHC. The units inside are very nice!

From the article on the homepage: Quote: "The Daniels Corporation has mixed market value and subsidized housing here"

I'm confused, are these town-homes, which were built by Daniels (not TCHC) Rental or Condo ? If they are condo how can there be subsidized housing within the same row of town homes ?

It would be interesting to see how these homes look on the inside.

For the existing Regent park tenants being moved into these brand new, in some instances, 5 bedroom town-homes this must seem like winning the lottery.

Peepers, there is mixed market and rental townhomes. They are not however, intermixed in the came complex. The ones next to the condo building are rental units whereas the ones closer to Parliament are ones that were sold to the public. From what I understand only the rental units are under TCHC. The units inside are very nice!

Yes on a recent bike ride through Regent Park I noticed that there is a mix.

Most of the Town-homes seem to be condo's but there are a large number of them that are TCHC "rentals" that I noticed seemed to be occupied by refugees or others on social assistance.

Some of these brand new luxury town homes were occupied by unsavory characters.

Keep in mind, if sold on the private market these town-homes (some currently occupied by free-loaders) would sell for up to $700,000!

I don't doubt they are "very nice" inside.

No wonder Toronto is broke :mad:

Last edited:

Back