Toronto OnePark West | ?m | 13s | Daniels | Core Architects

St. Lawrence Market is another neighbourhood with a mix of subsidized and market rate housing, and few would doubt its success.

True.

Regent Park's success is doubted by many, but I think a lot of it has to do with its history and connotations. I believe they'll have trouble selling units.

I found a flyer for this project in my mailbox last night...they describe the loaction as being between Cabbagetown and the Distillery Disctrict...no mention of Regent Park. While I'm sure this is just short-term marketing to make the units more attractive to young buyers, I do wonder if the Regent Park name will eventually fade as the original buildings disappear? Did the Regent Park name exist in Toronto before the 1950s development? If not -- maybe it is the case that it is more attached to the buildings than the area.

On the whole, this project is looking fantastic.

As a long term investor I would buy here. As the area develops the old stigma of Regent Park will disappear and prices will rise.

As a long term investor I would buy here. As the area develops the old stigma of Regent Park will disappear and prices will rise.

I would agree in 25 years ... as such, I believe the developers should be giving discounts for this.

UD is right ... $179K is market value and over-priced at that, $139K would be okay.

UD is right ... $179K is market value and over-priced at that, $139K would be okay.

It would be pretty difficult to get construction costs down low enough to support prices like that. Yes this is a 'B' or even a 'C' site, but some costs are fairly difficult to move whether building at a 'A' or 'C' site.

Currently developer cost control on the highrise trades is challenging, particularly in forming and concrete as well as heat/mechanical and electrical. Costs are starting to come down on some materials - concrete and steel in particular - but one key fixed price for this and many other projects is the land component - the market may have taken a turn south, but the developers are stuck with a fixed land cost for whatever time they bought the land... if it was during the peak 2005-07 there's a problem, if the land was purchased much earlier, there may be some flexibility.

ProjectEnd:

RegentParkPhaseOne.jpg

Oh wow. Thanks a zillion for posting this presentation - haven't seen any of the Phase 2 stuff in this much detail!

AoD

Last edited:
April 1

The One Cole development at the northeast corner of Dundas and Parliament.
3410590626_b3eb507dbd_b.jpg

From Parliament north of Dundas looking southeast
3410590634_4cef6aa8f7_b.jpg

That picture indicates that the taller tower is on floor 17 or 18 depending on how many floors of the townhomes you count. The total floor count will be 19 so we're almost there.

Wow after looking at that plan, I am very impressed. I didn't realize the details of it. I can't wait until all is said and done. I hope the people who move back into their units, take pride in their new buildings, and don't treat them badly.

Back