Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

Sorry if it was intended as sarcasm - I missed it. Many comments about the pace, the slowness in construction projects in this forum. Some are legitimate, but in many other cases, it is due to the stage a project is at. Parts of the building where there is a lot of custom work going on - anything up to, and including the first typical floor, as well as the top floors, with the mechanical penthouse, will always look slow - it is a consequence of the nature of work being done.

Not to say there are not slow buildings or builders. BSN (Toddglen construction) was slow. Milan (Conservatory Group, developer and builder) is slow - albeit some of the delay was TTC related, not entirely their doing. One Bloor East looks to be doing quite well by comparison.
No big deal. I assumed you meant it to be more on the facetious side, being this has been going up at a record pace.Now U condos deserves some derision.

Don't forget Murano was also delay prone - the excavation phase had some major issues with groundwater. 1BE happened at a really rapid clip once excavation started - comparable to Shangri-La I think.

AoD

I doubt the podium will go as quickly. Still, nice to see such a long awaited project take shape. The intersection will be quite the sight to see once all the surrounding projects go up as well.

May 24th. More pour...

photo.JPG

:cool:

they seem to be moving along with this level fairly quickly. another week, maybe 2, and they will start on the ground floor slab.

At the pace they're going I'd say yeah closer to 2 or maybe 3. The pours seem to go fast, but setting up all the scaffolding and rebar underneath takes a while.

Simply amazing! Didn't they just do the big pour like yesterday? Unbelievable! I've never seen a project of this size go up so fast! It's not even June and they've almost reached street level, remember most of us were guessing that wouldn't happen until August at the earliest, man, they're on fire!

Simply amazing! Didn't they just do the big pour like yesterday? Unbelievable! I've never seen a project of this size go up so fast! It's not even June and they've almost reached street level, remember most of us were guessing that wouldn't happen until August at the earliest, man, they're on fire!

I said before the end of June and I was even pushing it then, knowing it would be the 2nd or 3rd week depending what being done for that level.

The north east corner is the ramp area and most of the curve section was pour when I saw it Sat.

Yorkville is 1/4 at grade and should be completed for grade level by before this one, considering this started well after floors were being pour for this site.

This level has a number of steps up and taking a little longer to form and frame, but should be done 100% this week.

Last edited:
It's at grade/street level! Well the form for pouring anyway. Does that count?

Taken today, Monday May 27th, 2013

photo-1.JPG

The wait was worth it, considering the quality of this project (in terms of the architecture AND record of the proponent) compared to previous proposals.

AoD

Back