Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

Bazis is doing a good job with Yonge and eglinton though, you have to admit.

And lots of other spots around Toronto. They're behind many proposals that break with that typical Toronto look we've seen a hundred times already. Bazis are a breath of fresh air.

The only thing they've built in Toronto is Crystal Blu, and I don't think anyone would refer to that as a "breath of fresh air". Sure the designs for E condos and Exhibit look nice, but lets wait till those are built before heaping praise. They're no MOD or Cityzen.

Crystal Blu looked nice too, and they had the best partying render-people on their model. We know how that story turned out.

Yeah, their never-built 1BE and Crystal-Gray condos turned out wonderfully!

I prefer this incarnation of One Bloor, but the Bazis design was better than 90% of what we've built this past cycle. Exhibit, E Condos, and Emerald are certainly a huge breath of fresh air from the 'do as little as possible' designs we usually get. Pinnacle, Concord, Canderel are about as coma inducing as you can get. Bay-Adelaide, PWC, Bremner Tower, Infinity, Maple Leaf Square, Verve, 300 Front, etc. After 100 buildings like that, I'm glad Bazis is here to break up the monotony.

Last edited:
1bm30.jpg

I prefer this incarnation of One Bloor, but the Bazis design was better than 90% of what we've built this past cycle. Exhibit, E Condos, and Emerald are certainly a huge breath of fresh air from the 'do as little as possible' designs we usually get. Pinnacle, Concord, Canderel are about as coma inducing as you can get. Bay-Adelaide, PWC, Bremner Tower, Infinity, Maple Leaf Square, Verve, 300 Front, etc. After 100 buildings like that, I'm glad Bazis is here to break up the monotony.

Again though, that's if the final products actually turn out like the renders. Crystal Blu is a heaping pile of embarrassment.

Time Square Newyork has its own crystal blue, only its green! and just as bad! That being said its an ok filler and will look better once other skyscrapers build up around it. so its not standing out so much. Wouldn't mind seeing more Uptown buildings my self.

Last edited:

Back