Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

May 21st. More rebar laid down.

photo.JPG

Earlier in this thread I had predicted 1 Bloor reaching ground level by winter. Looks like I'll be way off on my prediction. This one is moving up at an extraordinary rate.

Agreed, they've certainly made up for the long wait to begin with, at least so far.

They are going insanely fast...you are joking right?

I think hes referring to the whole thing with the land changing hand and different developers the process to get a tower at one bloor location has taken long. But for this particular project and from them starting the actual work it has been very fast.

Pre-excavation was obviously a rollercoaster...but since then everything has been lightning quick. I was just unsure of his comment because the recent progress has been ridiculously efficient, so it seemed out of place to me.

Still not at ground level? This project is sooooo slow..

Eight months ago, in late September 2012, I talked with a supervisor on site. He indicated that their schedule was to be back at grade in September of this year. While the next couple of levels will require a lot of one-off formwork, which will be relatively slow, it does look like the project may actually be ahead of schedule - will be back up to grade sometime this summer.

Comments like the above are more a reflection on the level of knowledge and understanding of the commentator (or more to the point, the lack thereof), than of the progress of the project itself.

Comments like the above are more a reflection on the level of knowledge and understanding of the commentator (or more to the point, the lack thereof), than of the progress of the project itself.

That's a bold statement. Hmm, and just what level of knowledge and understanding would that be? Careful where you go with this now; take a minute and think it through this time.. We'll wait.

Wrt to One Bloor, although it's going "soooo slow" at the moment, it appears the tower will likely be completed by March '14!
Better? ;

Last edited:
That's a bold statement. And just what level of knowledge and understanding would that be? Careful where you go with this, take your time and think it through again..

With respect to One Bloor, although it's going soooo slow at the moment, appears the towershould be complete be March '14!

Thanks for the chuckle. I seriously hope that's a joke or a typo.

The sarcasm is sooooo obvious....

Sorry if it was intended as sarcasm - I missed it. Many comments about the pace, the slowness in construction projects in this forum. Some are legitimate, but in many other cases, it is due to the stage a project is at. Parts of the building where there is a lot of custom work going on - anything up to, and including the first typical floor, as well as the top floors, with the mechanical penthouse, will always look slow - it is a consequence of the nature of work being done.

Not to say there are not slow buildings or builders. BSN (Toddglen construction) was slow. Milan (Conservatory Group, developer and builder) is slow - albeit some of the delay was TTC related, not entirely their doing. One Bloor East looks to be doing quite well by comparison.

Back