Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

Dec 1 Photo

Here is a couple snapshots I took today. Looks like more excavating has happened over the past week as well as the cement pour.
IMG_1266.jpg
IMG_1267.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1266.jpg
    IMG_1266.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 664
  • IMG_1267.jpg
    IMG_1267.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 611
Here is a couple snapshots I took today. Looks like more excavating has happened over the past week as well as the cement pour.View attachment 9822View attachment 9823

Is that the beginning of the elevator shaft in the centre? If so, it looks like it would only hold about 3 or 4 cars. Much to small for a building of this size. Then again, I'm probably totally wrong.

I think there are six cabs that serve various residential levels at One Bloor compared to Aura's nine cabs (sort of comparable buildings). One Bloor has less suites per floor and a fewer residential levels than Aura (69 levels vs. Aura's 74 levels, give or take).

I understand that concrete is incredibly expensive these days--even to pour some steps in one's yard, never mind doing a concrete pool, is exorbitant. Be interesting to know what it costs to pour something like that...

I can't imagine the cost. The World Trade center tower in New York is using some new super hard concrete in it. The core with the elevators 100+ stories high is 6' thick. Imagine the cost of that.
Cement companies in Toronto must be working 24/7 just trying to keep up with the demand in this city, with no end in sight. Having a cement plant is like owning a Timmies. A license to print money.

Retail rental rates (as per First Gulf's available retail space report), with up to 95,000 SF of retail space:

Ground (CRU 3) - 7,700 SF asking $300/SF NET and $71 TAX + $13.50 CAM
Ground (CRU 1 -2) - 11,000 SF asking $250/SF NET and same TAX & CAM as above.
Ground (CRU 4 -5) - 5,300 SF asking $250/SF NET and same TAX & CAM as above.
P1 - 20,600 SF asking $60/SF NET and $16.70 TAX + $13.50 CAM
Second Floor - 38,000 SF asking $70/SF NET and $20 TAX + $13.50 CAM

That is a ton(s!) of re-bar down there. I wonder if this will surpass the Four Season's 4,100 cubic metre pour in 2008
There are more levels of steel to be laid and the pour originally scheduled for Boxing day, now likely to happen in January. The pour will be less than that of the Four Seasons. The big machines in the hole were scheduled to be lifted out this morning, and the large machine on top was moved yesterday.

Back