Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

Surprising, I haven't seen the floor plans, but I would have thought the footprint of one Bloor would be bigger then the four seasons, but then again, sadly, thinking has never been my strong suit! Thanks for the info!

They brought up all the equipment today that not needed anymore.

Caught them lifting one of the large excavators out of the hole and miss the other one by a few minutes.

They are almost ready to pour the layer of concrete that will be about 1.3m deep and will be flush with the ground around it.

That slab is no way near the one for Four Season, considering this one will be taller than the Four Season.

Some columns have been pour at the south end.

There are more levels of steel to be laid and the pour originally scheduled for Boxing day, now likely to happen in January. The pour will be less than that of the Four Seasons. The big machines in the hole were scheduled to be lifted out this morning, and the large machine on top was moved yesterday.

Thanks for the info jump1 and welcome to UT. Are you working on this project and are you going to keep providing updates?

I love how close the crane comes to 33 Bloor.

286697D8-4693-4FC3-BA96-F97E90B08876-6705-00000B1FDCBAD6ED.jpg

Thanks for the info jump1 and welcome to UT. Are you working on this project and are you going to keep providing updates?

No, I'm not working there, and my contacts have mostly moved on. I can't vouch for the 100% accuracy of these numbers, but I was told that the quantity of the pour for the core slab is in the neighborhood of 2700 cu meters.That's still a lot to pour in one day! If the elevator area in the middle (already poured) is counted, the total would be around 3500 cu meters.

Can anyone confirm whether the roof fins will be slanted? The pictures of the model clearly show a slanted roof fins, but some 3d renders show a flat one.

1277171962-one-bloor-model-03.jpg

vs.

one_bloor_web_02.jpg

The slant at the top is long gone.

Last edited:
Oh, i guess when they changed the stories they might have changed the rooftop. I was rlly looking forward for another slanted roof design though.

Back