Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

^ Even at full steam ahead they wouldn't hit the ground level by early 2013. Likely fall 2013 would be the earliest, probably closer to 2014.

Aura is a site of comparable size and also at a busy intersection, though more complex due to the delivery ramp & underground retail however the crane went up there at the end of August while they were still excavating and they hit ground level by about early May. That's 9 months so I'd think by next April One Bloor should meet or exceed what Aura was able to accomplish.

According to this site, and a few others, completion date is December 2014, give or take a few months. I know dates change during construction all the time due to strikes, supply shortages, even weather delays. That being said, I really can't see it being complete until early 2015. Either way, as long as it gets built, I'm happy, I can't wait to see the finished product, I'm sure it will make an elegant addition to our skyline! But, it does seem Aura is going up much faster, anyone know if there are ground factors (ie - the subway, sewage, electrical, etc...) that may be slowing things down?

One thing I've noticed, as I'm sure most of us here have, is how much faster some buildings go up than others. To my mind, Shangri-La went up really, really quickly, whereas it seemed to me that Trump took forever. Likewise, the new Mars building on College and University went up extremely quickly, it seems.

One thing I've noticed, as I'm sure most of us here have, is how much faster some buildings go up than others. To my mind, Shangri-La went up really, really quickly, whereas it seemed to me that Trump took forever. Likewise, the new Mars building on College and University went up extremely quickly, it seems.

Well, Mars is deceptive, since the foundations were dug & poured already, and that part always takes a while. But you're right, the variation in speed from project to project is interesting. The Florian is another one that seems like it's taking forever.

Shangri-la had a long delay when archaeological remains were discovered there and its foundation was one of the deepest in the city... I can remember plenty of complaints about how long the foundations were taking there. Hopefully once 1 Bloor hits street level and the completes the podium levels things will pick up...

Is that new or old ???

Back