Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

Walked past "the hole" yesterday, we, on the north east corner of the site there's now a site office and transformer and it looks as if it's gotten even deeper then before, think I'll break out the bubbly when I finally see a crane, lol!

Speaking of which... Have we ever seen the revised renders, or are they still scrambling to add 20 floors yet still retain that design? (And before everyone takes that 20 floor number and runs with it, it was a joke/exaggeration based on all the condos in Toronto adding floors at the last minute.)

From my vantage point (north west corner) I can see that they've started digging again today (August 15th). At this point I'm gonna place a bet that Chaz reaches bottom with crane up before this site does.

Any takers?

The balconies will have fritted glass. It'll look white. Rest easy!

It does seem like these buildings with the large floorplates (aura, one bloor, bay adelaide west) take twice to three times as long as the skinnier ones like shangri-la, l-tower, ritz, and ice. They seriously could have built 3 rbcs in the time it's taken just to dig this hole.

But with the frosted glass, if it's built to plan, it will be definitely worth the wait, it's going to look amazing, and will dominate the Yonge and Bloor skyline, until 50 Bloor West is approved and built that is.

from today
DSCF6542.jpg

I haven't been down to the site in a while, but i can imagine (by looking at those photos) that the site is kinda quiet considering the size of the project.

I mean, i remember when Aura was in excavating stages, just by the sound alone, you knew that a monster was going down. it was quite epic.

I understand this site is a lot smaller, but it looks kinda dead (or perhaps it is because it's sunday?)

Probably just because it's sunday. It does seem slow at times but at least it appears they have finally started digging below the fourth level of tiebacks. With the history behind this site I'm sure we are all a bit apprehensive.

Back