Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

I'd say Yonge and Dundas.

Or instead of speculating, someone could simply Google "toronto pedestrian count" and find the results instantly.

That's what I did, and here they are:

Here is the list of the 25 Toronto intersections with the heaviest daily pedestrian traffic, with their pedestrian counts:

EGLINTON and YONGE: 42680
BAY and DUNDAS: 35585
BAY and WELLINGTON: 32319
DUNDAS and YONGE: 31802
CARLTON and YONGE: 29115
QUEEN and YONGE: 28209
ADELAIDE and BAY: 27086
KING and YONGE: 25743
BLOOR and YONGE: 25696
BAY and BLOOR: 24246
ST CLAIR and YONGE: 24195
UNIVERSITY and YORK: 24056
ADELAIDE and YONGE: 23297
GERRARD and YONGE: 22771
BLOOR and CHURCH: 22634
BAY and KING: 22398
DUNDAS and UNIVERSITY: 21610
HARBORD and ST GEORGE: 21163
BAY and COLLEGE: 21161
JOHN and QUEEN: 20656
WELLESLEY and YONGE: 20133
BAY and QUEEN: 20124
AVENUE and BLOOR: 18872
FRONT and JOHN: 18295
UNIVERSITY and WELLINGTON: 17246

The pedestrian counts are not completely comparable -- there are not the resources to do them all on the same day, so they have been done on an ongoing basis, mostly since 2007. All of them are done on weekdays between 7:30 am and 6:00 pm, but the season and the weather varies (which probably affects pedestrian counts more than car counts).

This is completely irrelevant, but I find it weird how they aren't consistent in which street they list first. The convention seems to be to say the N/S street first, E/W second. It's Yonge and Dundas, not Dundas and Yonge.

Last edited:
Methinks that list is complete bollocks--Front and Bay is missing entirely and Dundas/Yonge is demonstrably busier than Dundas/Bay.

Yeah, I read it there. And a letter posted by "Dylan" explains why the list is complete bollocks. People are teleporting from Union Station to Wellington, bypassing Front entirely.

Or taking PATH, but yeah the data is pretty bad.

Hard to believe that BAY and DUNDAS: 35585, has a higher pedestrian count than, DUNDAS and YONGE: 31802.:confused:

Agreed, no way Bay & Dundas is busier than Dundas & Yonge. Garbage.

Lots of equipment and materials on site at One Bloor, still no movement. I'm a little worried about what's going on here - or not going on.

How much equipment is on site? Too much equipment and the wrong type for the initial start of construction means it's just there for storage.

No its the right kind, and they had a groundbreaking, people are just being impatient. Relax, it will come when it is supposed to....(Thats what she said?)

An added annoyance to this project is that they've had full page ads in the Star and Condo Guide for 6 weeks saying the building was under construction.

Then something is wrong here..could it be some type of variance city permit that stalling them..but then we here at UT would know all about that..right:D. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if GG starts ground breaking at Pace Condos before this.

What, relax till the next Credit Crunch sweeps by..:eek::confused:

This is a very big project for a very timid company. I don't think it’s a coincidence that the recent delay comes at the same time as the recent financial fiasco in the U.S.

Clearly they are on a "wait and see" footing and for GG that could easily last until fall or longer.

Back